Looking for 5-quart Stock Pot

marie26October 4, 2007

I burned my teflon 5 qt. stock pot and need to replace it. I use it for spaghetti sauce, soup, etc. I have larger stock pots for cooking larger batches so this is the size I need to replace.

I liked the teflon finish but am wondering if there is another finish besides aluminum that I can replace it with. I want a pot that will last a long time and easy to clean.

What do you recommend?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
solarpowered

I'd recommend this one, of course! (link at bottom of post)

Of all the stainless steel pots around, the Silvinox finish on this one will make it really easy to clean. (They recommend putting it in the dishwasher!! :D ) And it will certainly last a long, long time.

One could argue that the copper disk bottom isn't necessary for a stock pot. The Demeyere Apollo version of this pot, with an aluminum disk bottom, is more like $166.

Here is a link that might be useful: Demeyere Atlantis stockpot

Bookmark   October 4, 2007 at 1:58PM
solarpowered

There are better pictures of it on this page. (The color, though, is the same as everything else on that page. I don't know why their stockpot picture has a green cast to it.)

Here is a link that might be useful: Better pictures

Bookmark   October 4, 2007 at 2:02PM
marie26

Those look really nice but are too expensive for my budget right now. Is there anything cheaper?

Bookmark   October 4, 2007 at 5:47PM
solarpowered

Marie,

The "usual suspect" brands would include Paderno (the Italian one, although the Canadian company of the same name is also supposed to be good), Sitram (Profesiere & Catering lines), and Gourmet Standard.

I did some looking around around in those lines, and didn't find any stock pots in the 5 quart neighborhood. (Although I might well have missed something.) The ones I found were bigger. I did however find several saucepots in roughly that capacity. (A saucepot being short, and a stock pot being taller and narrower.)

Bookmark   October 5, 2007 at 12:51AM
marie26

Thank you for the links. I realized that it's not a stock pot that I'm looking for. It's a Dutch Oven.

Bookmark   October 5, 2007 at 1:00PM
kayskats

oh ... if it's a dutch oven, I have a Calphalon Contemporary Stainless and love it better than my old cast iron which I can no longer use on my smooth top stove.
it's six quart (or 5 1/2 qt, I forget which).

Bookmark   October 6, 2007 at 4:29PM
More Discussions
best (semi-pro) brand pots and pans for induction
hello we are renovating our kitchen and now it will...
robantwerp
induction stove power boost function
Have a set of Zwilling cookware and their brochure...
metaphilos
Need a double boiler for induction cooktop
I need a 3 piece set: the bottom pan (induction ready),...
creativ3girl
Help with a Farberware MicroBrew
I need some help figuring out how to use a Farberware...
ritaotay
Pasta rolling pin aka mattarello
I'm planning on purchasing a mattarello or pasta rolling...
miscel
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™