Immersion blenders?

sakismomOctober 25, 2005

Anyone know of a good immersion blender (aka hand blender, motor boat). I am looking to buy a new on as I have a very cheap one right now and love to use it for everything from pureeing soups to mashing potatoes to making whipped cream. I had one years ago that was very heavy duty but since I bought it from an infomercial I have no clue what brand it was

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
loriafopiano

I have had a Braun for many years that has been okay, not great. It was a gift, so I didn't have the opportunity to look at different features/brands; this has a plastic bottom (which is cracked), you can't remove the blades to clean, and isn't good at keeping splashing to a minimum. But is does blend and has otherwise held up to frequent use.

Just yesterday (what a coincidence you brought this up now!), I ordered a new one by KitchenAid on amazon. It had good recommendations and has more features that appeal to me: metal base, removeable blades, etc. (Plus, I ordered it with a few other kitchen items that earned me the $25 discount on a $125 purchase from amazon).

Anyway, here's a link if you want to check it out. It comes in four different colors, and you can read reviews from other consumers...

Here is a link that might be useful: KitchenAid immersion blender

Bookmark   October 25, 2005 at 12:43PM
canvir

I ordered an immersion blend from Kitchen Aid about 6 months ago and have been very pleased with it.

Bookmark   October 25, 2005 at 3:47PM
sakismom

Thanks folks that is the one I was thinking of getting so your vote of confidence is what I was looking for.

Bookmark   October 26, 2005 at 9:22AM
FotoCEO

Bamix is a super-powerful emmersion blender. Purees in no time - love that I can puree soups in the pot on the stove - any temperature, makes great milkshakes WAY faster than a traditional blender - very easy to clean, too.

I make a smoothy often with mostly just frozen fruit, again in no time.

I got mine at a county fair, but I've seen them at PleasantHillGrain.com, too. They are pricy, but worth it!

Here is a link that might be useful: Pleasant Hill Grain Bamix page

Bookmark   October 27, 2005 at 1:54AM
sunnyco

I have the kitchenaid one. Someone on here said it was too big for them. "Like a barbershop pole", I believe they said. :lol:

I love mine.

Bookmark   October 28, 2005 at 2:40PM
kbuzbee

Ditto the Bamix. I use mine every single day for something. It has three different blades that do everything from puree vegetables to foaming milk for cold coffee drinks. It's been years since I bought it but if memory serves it was kinda pricy.

Ken

Bookmark   November 2, 2005 at 3:08PM
More Discussions
Is there lead in this antique brass pitcher?
Hello, I have a fondness for antique metal cookware...
bradleyd_svh
Need a double boiler for induction cooktop
I need a 3 piece set: the bottom pan (induction ready),...
creativ3girl
pie crust in a Breville all in one food processor
Can a pie crust be made in a Breville all in one food...
Sue Molitor
induction stove power boost function
Have a set of Zwilling cookware and their brochure...
metaphilos
Nu Wave Oven
Has anyone bought this? Is it worth the cost? It is...
marie26
Sponsored Products
Slow Glow Lamp by Droog
$891.00 | Lumens
KitchenAid RKSB650OB Onyx Black 5-speed Blender (Refurbished)
Overstock.com
Zojirushi Home Bakery Supreme Bread Maker
$249.95 | FRONTGATE
Black Forest Bowl Pendant
$366.00 | Bellacor
MAAX Bathtubs Balmoral 6 ft. Center Drain Soaking Tub in White with Polished
Home Depot
New Unique Red Overdyed Hand Knotted Rug 6' X 9' Floral Oriental Wool Rug MC143
BH Sun Inc
Cuisinart CBT-700 Die-Cast 700-Watt Blender
Overstock.com
Red Resin Coral Figurine