DIY Monitor Stand

chrishodgNovember 11, 2012

Hello,

I want to build my own monitor stand (floor pole; not wall mount) for a 23" touch screen monitor (19 lbs.) for a All In One PC.

My challenge is that I want the stand to swivel/fold out from a collapsed position to over my lap while I sit in my recliner.

So instead of a laptop on my lap I want the wireless keyboard in my lap and the monitor on a stand at eye-level over my legs. It is a 23" touch screen using Windows 8.

I've searched for joints - swivel, ball, bolt/wing nut, articulating arms etc. but really haven't found anything.

Does anyone have any design ideas? Or a source of joint parts?

Thanks in advance!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
zep516

Search using these key words DIY Monitor Stand

Bookmark   November 11, 2012 at 8:52PM
chrishodg

Thanks for the prompt reply!

I searched but didn't find anything; gave me many results with anything but "DIY Monitor Stand"!

What I found before I posted was desk mounts; mine is a floor pole mount that swings out over my recliner; not a desk.

Haven't even found anything even close to that; perhaps you could search for me since you know the web site.

Thanks again!

Bookmark   November 11, 2012 at 11:53PM
mikie_gw

I saw what you probably want somewhere made for laptops. Think most likely it was OfficeDepot. Convenient for me is OfficeDepot, Staples, BestBuy. But office depot is the best place to be ignored and easiest to buy something.

You would probably need to adapt it for the remote monitor. Basicly it had two different ways to order for the base of it. The base I wanted was a weighted base that was designed to roll under the sofa or side of chair. It had a fold down, swing out, twist any direction, tension spring loaded lockable articulated arm with a shelf for the laptop.

fwiw...
My old desktop computer, I just took a piece of paneling and covered it with formica and made it perfect size for my keyboard and a mouse pad.. It was my lapDesk... works fine.

Bookmark   November 12, 2012 at 1:10AM
mxyplx

When my wife read these posts her eyes rolled back and as she collapsed lifelessly to the floor I faintly heard something about not this house dead body - I didn't quite catch it all........

Bookmark   November 12, 2012 at 12:37PM
chrishodg

Thanks, Mikie! I'll check out Office Depot.

Bookmark   November 12, 2012 at 10:21PM
acraftylady

Are you looking for something like this? I used to order photography stuff from that site years ago and they are reliable but I bet you can find something like that else where too. Mary

Here is a link that might be useful: Monitor Stand

Bookmark   November 13, 2012 at 2:31PM
More Discussions
Lenovo's "malware" not just Lenovo's.
It's been found in a dozen or so apps, some pre-installed,...
lazy_gardens
need help again regarding free office program
I asked for help in this area recently and never was...
Lea Grabb
Google Stylish add-on help
I have Google Stylish add-on but don't know how to...
Cricketm
Adobe flash player and pdf reader installation on Win8
I have a new Win 8 touch screen laptop. I've been using...
hald
Change color of blinking cursor
When I am editing something I have just written and...
mudlady_gw
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™