Please help identify this lidded baking pan?

milesdzynOctober 4, 2009

I got this for $1.00 and thought of it for making scottish meatloaf, which is cooked by placing a covered pan suspended in a pan of boiling water. Here is a link to the photos:

The pan looks like a old gelatin mold, has a lid that fits tightly and two clips secure the lid firmly in place. The lid has a handle on top and the lid itself has a decorative step design that may have a purpose.

My initial thoughts were gelatin mold or old fruit cake bakeing pan. The pan is 4.5" tall 4.5" diameter at the base and 6" diameter at the lid

Any info would help, Thanks Miles

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Mosst likely a pudding steamer.

    Bookmark   October 4, 2009 at 12:31PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Thank you leel, I never heard of such a thing as a pudding steamer, but it sounds good and sounds like the same methode for making scottish meatloaf, so I guess it'll work for my needs.

Thanks again,Miles

    Bookmark   October 5, 2009 at 2:50AM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
silicone baking mat aftertaste
i got silicone baking mats on a couple...
best (semi-pro) brand pots and pans for induction
hello we are renovating our kitchen and now it will...
stainless flatware
does anyone have reed and barton allora flatware? i...
Kitchenaid Stand Mixer Food Grinder
My hubs gave me the meat/food grinder attachment for...
White film/Oxidation on Wusthof Handles
I recently bought a set of Wusthof Classic Ikon knives...
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™