How to work food processore?

susanilz5September 29, 2006

I finally purchased a 12 cup Kitchenaid food processor. The problem is I've never used one, never seen one being used, and don't know any one who owns one. I've read the instruction manual, but I have a few questions. When I put in the disc, is the outer edge lip up or down? It seems it should go up, but then food gets caught on the upper side of the disc instead of going into the bowl. Am I a complete idiot or is this "normal" I sliced carrots, celery & meat, and all 3 items seemed to get caught on the top of the disc. a bit messy. Does this always happen or am I not operating the machine correctly?

thanks

Susan

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
movingwest

one can't put the disk on the stem the wrong way, the mechanism to insert the stem is only on one side. And the machine doesn't work unless all parts are properly engaged. Did you machine come with a video? you can ask Cuisinart to send you one, it's frequently included in the purchase.

have fun !!!

Bookmark   September 30, 2006 at 1:30PM
suzyq3

movingwest, something tells me that Cuisinart won't be sending the poster a video. :-)

Susan, all I did was google KitchenAid food processor, and I found the page on their site. There's information on how to contact them ("Need help" box at the top just below their "search"), so if the manual's instructions and photos aren't enough, just give them a call.

Here is a link that might be useful: KitchenAid

Bookmark   September 30, 2006 at 7:07PM
susanilz5

Thanks! I'll give KitchenAid a ring this afternoon.

Susan

Bookmark   October 2, 2006 at 10:45AM
More Discussions
Mauviel m'150s and m'250c
I'm looking at some pans in these two lines -- I understand...
Gooster
White film/Oxidation on Wusthof Handles
I recently bought a set of Wusthof Classic Ikon knives...
rmverb
best (semi-pro) brand pots and pans for induction
hello we are renovating our kitchen and now it will...
robantwerp
induction stove power boost function
Have a set of Zwilling cookware and their brochure...
metaphilos
Pasta rolling pin aka mattarello
I'm planning on purchasing a mattarello or pasta rolling...
miscel
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™