These are a few of my favorite things... in my home.

DeidrehOctober 1, 2012

I designed our home about 4 years ago since I couldn't find a plan I loved. I do love some of the things I put in my home and wanted to share.

I LOVE having electricity in my island. I used a whole slab of granite and didn't let them cut any off the ends. It is 9'X4.5' and has cabinets on both ends (one end is the pull out trashcans) the other is party supplies and my printer. It also has cabinets under the overhang sitting area. All other storage on the island is drawers.

The pantry is in the corner (I hate lazy susans)

I have my microwave in the pantry. LOVE IT !!

We bought 4' outlet power strips and put them under the back edge of the cabinets so that there are NO plugs in the backsplash. LOVE IT

My granite countertop is my windowsill and so I put the garbage disposal switch under the cabinet.

I have a plug in the broom closet in the laundry room for my swiffer vac. LOVE IT. The breaker box is inside the broom closet.

The understairs closet at the back, opens into my little girls room for a hideaway. It has lights and electricity.

10 ceiling fans downstairs, most with remotes!! LOVE IT.

SO these are some of my all time favorite things. I hope you like them and find the useful.

What are your all time favorites???

Happy building

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Floppy

We just hid our microwave in a tall deep cabinet. You can't see it & yet it's easily accessible. Just make a hole in the back for the cord. And it's not built in so if it breaks we can just replace it.

Bookmark   October 1, 2012 at 4:20PM
Floppy

We just hid our microwave in a tall cabinet. You can't see it & yet it's easily accessible. Just make a hole in the back for the cord. And it's not built in so if it breaks we can just replace it. LOVE IT TOO!

Bookmark   October 1, 2012 at 4:21PM
Deidreh

Here is a picture of the island :-)

Bookmark   October 1, 2012 at 4:29PM
More Discussions
Should I add a window in the dining room?
We are going to have a long narrow dining room, husband...
Bridget Howe
Don Gardner Callaway Plan - anyone have pictures
My wife and I are considering building the Don Gardner...
Scott Carson
8 vs. 9 ft. ceiling for upstairs/kids bedrooms?
New construction, 5500 sq. ft. (basement, first, and...
msmith110705
Bank help: What is a 442 Appraisal?
We thought we'd found a great construction loan program...
redheadeddaughter
Interior Doors - any experience with this company?
Does anyone have any experience with solidhardwooddoors.com...
numbersjunkie
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™