Computer reboots

jka1941November 29, 2011

My Dell Desktop (Optiplex 780) is rebooting off and on, no rhyme or reason. Sometimes when I am on the internet and click on a new page or link, it instantly turns black, shuts down, and reboots. It does not get a blue screen, it instantly turns black.

I have Windows 7 home premium. I have all AVG 2012 internet security and keep it updated, as well as several Malware Programs, all updated. I have run Malwarebytes, SuperAntiSpyware, and AVG scans, finding nothing.

This computer is less than a year old. I have no idea what is happening.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Kappen

That's a bit hard to troubleshoot in a forum but I would look at power and the power supply or a heat related issue. A power supply thats outputting a flaky voltage can cause the CPU to reset, I assume you don't hear any of the fans spinning down for a split second when it does it? If its under a year old it should be under warrenty.

Bookmark   November 30, 2011 at 12:31AM
genes

Has the interior of the tower ever been cleaned...turn off the computer, unplug it, remove the side panel and see if it is full of dustbunnies...."lettuce know"

Bookmark   November 30, 2011 at 5:22AM
jka1941

I will check on this in the morning and let you all know. Since it happens so infrequently it seemed odd.

Bookmark   December 1, 2011 at 12:25AM
More Discussions
What's with this new Houzz thing?
Been away a couple days, and came back to this, what...
shaddy101
GW/Houzz page rendering on my browser
Weird question about GW/Houzz, over the last six months,...
dbarron
System Restore on new windows 7 need password?
I just bought an Acer windows 7 tower and when I wanted...
urlee
Recommendations for free backup software
I used to have Retrospect Express as my backup software...
secsteve
Hmmmm...can't "scroll" thru sites anymore on laptop?!?!!?
WTH?!?! My Del Inspiron laptop has decided that it...
Faron79
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™