Has anyone used soapstone cookware?

plumfieldSeptember 15, 2007

This product intrigues me, but I'm not ready to shell out for it (and the s/h!) just yet. Supposedly has a naturally nonstick surface, and of course has heat-retaining qualities. Scrambled eggs are a pain since I gave up teflon in all its assorted forms, LOL. (And I can't seem to keep my cast iron griddle rustless, either, since I'm not the only one using it).

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
eandhl

Go to the "kitchen forum" at the bottom of the page is a search. Type in "some stone countertops too soft?" A soapstone fabricator has some info on the cookware. I too am impressed with the cookware.

Bookmark   September 24, 2007 at 8:34AM
plumfield

In my net-roaming, I found a site that has a bigger variety of cookware/tableware in soapstone than I have seen anywhere else...

http://www.temperatureware.com/english.html

Apparently, this material is as good at keeping things cold as it is at keeping things warm.

On thing concerned me a little was the warning, I think it was somewhere on bucks site, that it shouldn't be in direct contact with flame. Huh? I thought it was cookware? Guess I'll have to follow up on that with someone who is cooking with it, at bucks...I didn't see the cookbook for sale there, but they sell it at www.fantes.com along with a similar, limited number of pieces.

Bookmark   October 1, 2007 at 2:47AM
eandhl

Interesting about no direct contact with flame but I guess I always thought of it as ovenware. Hadn't thought of stovetop.

Bookmark   October 2, 2007 at 10:29AM
cpovey

I personally feel it is way overpriced for what you get.

Bookmark   October 10, 2007 at 11:00AM
More Discussions
which cookware to choose?
hi. i just joined the forum today. we're a newly wedded...
doduhdew
Need advice on a soup pot
hi, I haven't bought cookware in years, so don't know...
ellenr22 - NJ - Zone 6b/7a
Fermented cabbage
Many people really enjoy as me the taste of fermented...
GeorgeLiv
glass top range / pots leave marks?
I have a new Kenmore Elite glass top range. The cooktop...
bretonb
Kitchen Selective food slicer
Would anyone know of source for parts for Kitchen Selective...
debby_1
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™