My T-Fal pan is scratched & I haven't used it more than 10 times

shelendeSeptember 11, 2007

I have been using T-Fal frying pans for 20 years, replacing a pan every 2-3 years as it got too scratched. My new giant sized T-Fal frying pan, used less than 10 times and certainly not abused is loosing its coating and has white lines showing through. I called T-Fal and they said they couldn't do anything for me. I could send the pan back and incur mailing costs so they could inspect it for me. Or they could send me a rebate to buy a new pan.

I am convinced that T-Fal now has new management and is cutting their costs, giving consumers an inferior product. Their teflon coating is not as good as their past products. So if any happy T-Fal owners are thinking of buying a new T-Fal pan, be aware that it will not be as good as past T-Fal pans as they are now making a shoddy product.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lindac

I never did like t-fal....I like whatever Meyer uses on their pans.
Linda C

Bookmark   September 11, 2007 at 10:46AM
shelende

Linda C,
I never heard of a Meyer pan, please tell me about it so I can look into it and where is it sold?

Bookmark   September 11, 2007 at 11:04AM
bob_cville

Meyer is the name of the cookware company that produces the cookware lines Circulon and Anolon and Farberware (along with several others) My experience with them has been mixed.

When I got married (1994) I got a full set of Anolon pots and pans, including an 8" Omelet pan. Over about 7 years the omelet pan gradually became scratched and scuffed and started flaking off.
Next I saw a Circulon Omelet pan on sale and I bought it. It lasted less than a year before the surface coating had flaked off worse than the original Anolon pan which was still in the back of the cabinet.

I then bought another Anolon omelet pan, which lasted about 1 1/2 years before it too was unusable.

My next attempt was buying a Scanpan classic, which I loved, until after about 5 years it too began to flake off. At which time I returned it to Scanpan, and they replaced it for free. The replacement they sent is about 2 1/2 years old and looks to still be in great shape.

However I am just finishing a major kitchen remodel which included replacing the GE electric coil range with an induction cooktop, and my beloved Scanpan omelet pan won't work on it :-(

Included with the induction cooktop was a Farberware Millenium 10" non-stick skillet, (also made by Meyer) which after two months of use is already showing light scratches.

Bookmark   September 21, 2007 at 2:04PM
razenette

T-fall is the worst! I use "Warever" from Target & its nice. Not real expensive either. razenette

Bookmark   September 14, 2008 at 10:00AM
patly

Costco non stick skillets are only $20.00.
They are three to a set, and last quite a few years even with everyday use.
When they get nicked, I simply and cheaply replace them.
Of course, I don't know if you are close by a Costco, but if so take a look.

Bookmark   October 20, 2008 at 12:03AM
More Discussions
cooks essentials talking microwave
I don't know if I should post this here or on the cooking...
vacuumfreak
Kitchenaid Stand Mixer
I have read threads in here from people who love their...
catt11
which cookware to choose?
hi. i just joined the forum today. we're a newly wedded...
doduhdew
Pasta rolling pin aka mattarello
I'm planning on purchasing a mattarello or pasta rolling...
miscel
Need advice on a soup pot
hi, I haven't bought cookware in years, so don't know...
ellenr22 - NJ - Zone 6b/7a
Sponsored Products
Crisscross Link Black Outdoor Pillow
$109.00 | FRONTGATE
Armen Living Diva Slipper Chair - LC364ARBR
$424.59 | Hayneedle
Stilt Table Lamp by Blu Dot
$299.00 | Lumens
Carrot & Dip To-Go Container
$5.99 | zulily
DreamLine PrismLux 36-5/16 x 36-5/16 Frameless Hinged Shower Enclosure
Overstock.com