source for cheap tart tins?

vha7777September 17, 2007

I was just wondering if anyone knows of an online source for cheap tart tins. I'm trying to get more into baking so I went out to my local stores to be inspired but tart tins were so darn expensive! Also, does it make a difference to get the tins with bottoms that come out or is it okay to just get the solid ones? What is the standard size tin for individual tarts? Thanks in advance for your advice!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lindac

Your best source for cheap tart tins will be estate sales, auctions and garage sales.
I think the removeable bottoms make a much nicer tart...lots easier to remove the tart without breaking the shell.
Standard size tims? I think 4 inches is good. Two inches seems stingy and 6 inches more for an horsdouvre tart that will be shared.
Linda C...

Bookmark   September 19, 2007 at 1:47PM
vha7777

thanks a lot for the advice, looks like i'll be going to some yard sales this weekend

Bookmark   September 21, 2007 at 11:05AM
jessyf

(Linda stick your fingers in your ears and cover your eyes, I don't want to enable you, evil grin)

vha - try sugarcraft.com, click 'pans', then scroll down to quiche/tarts. Lots of sizes, cheap too!

Bookmark   September 23, 2007 at 5:50PM
lindac

Jessie.....it can't get much worse....I have 3 8 inch tins, 2 9 inch tins ( all with removeable bottoms) and 4. 4 inch tins without removeable bottoms and a stack of those mini tassie tins...
I don't think I could be tempted by any more tart tins!
Linda C

Bookmark   September 23, 2007 at 11:58PM
jessyf

Oh Linda I beg to differ you NEED a few of those rectangular tart pans...think of those funeral lunches you pull off...cooking with the grand kids...come to the dark side, it calls you, surely you have room for just...one... more... pan....

(or you could have a garage sale yourself, you know)

ducking and running gleefully for cover

Bookmark   September 24, 2007 at 6:30AM
vha7777

thanks jessyf! I can't stop clicking....not good! I guess you have ordered from them before? Are they pretty reliable?

Bookmark   September 25, 2007 at 2:20PM
jessyf

vha: nope, sorry, haven't ordered from them. I just googled 'discount tart pans' and they were just one of many vendors that came up.

Bookmark   September 27, 2007 at 8:07AM
vha7777

I just wanted to tell you I have already received my order and I'm really happy with them. Thanks again

Bookmark   October 2, 2007 at 11:49PM
jessyf

Great! Now you have to learn to take pictures of your creations and post them (and recipes) on the Cooking Forum. We'll help ya!

Bookmark   October 5, 2007 at 9:27PM
More Discussions
Pasta rolling pin aka mattarello
I'm planning on purchasing a mattarello or pasta rolling...
miscel
Recommendation for pans for high heat cooking
I like "high heat" cooking, not the kind...
azmom
Is there lead in this antique brass pitcher?
Hello, I have a fondness for antique metal cookware...
bradleyd_svh
Wagners 1891 Dutch Oven
I have a couple of questions about a 5 qt Wagners 1891...
jpc57
White film/Oxidation on Wusthof Handles
I recently bought a set of Wusthof Classic Ikon knives...
rmverb
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™