cheese grater-what do you have?

mariendAugust 12, 2009

I love grated cheese and like to make some up in advance. What brand--type do you like and is good. I know the old fashioned square ones are the best, but I do grate knuckles a bit. Any ideas and/or help is good.


Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Best graters are made by Microplane, and there are a lot of sizes available.

Here is a link that might be useful: Microplane

    Bookmark   August 12, 2009 at 5:53PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

I agree and the little knuckle guard really helps to keep from grating your knuckles.
But If I am going to grate a lot of cheese I use the fine grating disc on my cuisinart.
Linda C

    Bookmark   August 13, 2009 at 2:20PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

I like the graters from Ikea, a two pack with two size graters, two bowls and two tops.

    Bookmark   August 18, 2009 at 12:47PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

I like the Microplane but I also like the Zyliss. Using the microplane feels better and easier, but the Zyliss works a little faster and you don't wind up with little leftover nubs of cheese.

    Bookmark   August 19, 2009 at 8:32PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Help with Induction Cookware
I just bought a Samsung Induction cooktop, and I need...
Stainless Cookware cleaning - again... :
Hi all, IÂve read a lot of posts on how to clean stainless...
New Viking Cookware
Has anyone tried the new Viking Cookware now being...
Help with a Farberware MicroBrew
I need some help figuring out how to use a Farberware...
White film/Oxidation on Wusthof Handles
I recently bought a set of Wusthof Classic Ikon knives...
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™