Problems with Fire Magic Grill digital display?

lqofhbNovember 10, 2012

We are preparing to purchase a 36" built-in gas Fire Magic grill but have some concerns about potential problems with the digital display. It appears there have been numerous problems with the Eschelon electronics/display but have not heard much about the Aurora display. Anyone have feedback on this?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
weedmeister

Haven't heard this. What kind of problems?

I'm also not sure I would care that much since there isn't much the display does that I would lose sleep over. The FM is a top of the line unit but the display is not its main feature.

Bookmark   November 13, 2012 at 4:29PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lqofhb

Thanks, weedmeister. Heard that the display on the echelon may get cloudy with humidity and the readout has been known to "streak" with lines through it. Since we live near the beach, that worries me. I agree - the readout isn't the main feature, but I'd be mad if my new grill was built-in and I had to look at a malfunctioning display or continually invest money in replacing/repairing the display after the year warranty expired. Sounds like they now have the option to order it without the front electronics so are probably going to try that version.

Bookmark   November 13, 2012 at 4:47PM
More Discussions
High end appliances thermador vs. dacor
I currently have dacor ovens. I am trying decide brands...
mcaprizs
Need A New Keurig - Suggestions?
Our Keurig at the lake bit the dust. The single cup...
amck2
Island hood location/height
I've got a cooktop that's 20" X 37" that...
dickross
New Bertazzoni Induction Range?
I just saw a press release from Bertazzoni about a...
ltislander
Fisher Paykel Dishwasher Drawers-do you have them?
I am in need of guidance. From what I can gather, it's...
beekeeperswife
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™