WANTED: Really Special Delivery From Peppi!

mustangs81November 12, 2007

First-It has not gone unnoticed that AnnT is strategic when matching up partners!

I put DH on alert to check the front door each day while I was gone to PFPP as I didn't want my partner to have to wait for validation that I received the package. Little did I know that I was walking around the package for two days in our cabin. It was a very large blue gift bag at the bottom of the stairs. I thought it was someone's contribution to the Greed Game that we were going to play.

When everyone was sitting in front of the fireplace in our jammies, I was very surprised when Peppi presented the large bag to me. Nothing is better than getting your swap package in person!

Peppi gave me: Everyday pan: When Peppi and I were in Houston earlier this year, we were shopping for an everyday pan because she loves hers. We used the pan to cook a few of the meals at PFPP. I'm hooked and will be using this pan to replace my most used pan. Silicone spatula: I have several silicone utensils but the silicone piece has ended up in the pan because it falls off the handle. Not with this one! It's sturdy and completely covered with silicone. Decorative rectangular platter: The platter is to die for. It's good size and will be used for entertaining.

How totally unfair that my swap pictures include me in jammies sprawled on the floor and no makeup! In my defense, I didn't have room in my luggage (imagine that) so Peppi was kind enough to take my treasures home with her and will be mailing them to me.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Bizzo

Love the platter! And the jammies!! And the fire behind you :)

How fun!!

Bookmark   November 12, 2007 at 11:43AM
Gina_W

Looks like a Christmas morning picture!

Bookmark   November 12, 2007 at 1:34PM
ziporion

How nice that your package was delivered in person! I absolutely love that platter. And you can't go wrong with another pan!

Nice job Peppi!

Bookmark   November 12, 2007 at 1:34PM
alison

It really does look like Christmas morning! The platter is wonderful, and the silicone spatula is so useful. What's an "everyday pan"? Or what makes a pan an everyday pan?

Bookmark   November 12, 2007 at 1:40PM
craftyrn

Oh goodness that platter is spectacular! ( love the jammies too ! )

Great picks Peppi-- nothing like a great useful tool like a silicone spatula--& what's not to like about a good pan.

Bookmark   November 12, 2007 at 2:46PM
terri_pacnw

LOL nice pictures..LOL

That platter is gorgeous!

Bookmark   November 12, 2007 at 8:36PM
kathleen_li

What a lovely platter, and the pan looks great too. And so nice to get it in person!!!Enjoy your gifts, and great job Peppi!

Bookmark   November 12, 2007 at 8:46PM
Marigene

Very nice platter. Silicone spatulas are wonderful and who doesn't need an everyday pan. Nice swap box, Peppi.

Bookmark   November 12, 2007 at 9:56PM
granjan

That looks like such fun! A beautiful platter and nice pan. I adore my silacone spatulas, they have almost replaced my flat wooden stirrers.

Bookmark   November 13, 2007 at 2:11AM
chancesmom

I agree granjan, that looks like fun! What a special treat to get it in person! What a great selection of favourites, and I must agree the platter is gorgeous.

Bookmark   November 13, 2007 at 6:59AM
artsyshell

Really beautiful platter! Love the everyday pan as well. I love my silicone spatulas, so I know you will too! Another great swap package.

Shelley

Bookmark   November 13, 2007 at 12:57PM
compumom

Cathy, on the advice of Annie, I bought the same spatula at Russo's during Canny Camp. I can't tell you how often I use it! You'll love it and the platter and pot too! Good job Peppi!

Bookmark   November 13, 2007 at 2:20PM
mustangs81

Ellen, I must not have been paying attention--I missed that spatula at Russo's.

Alison, As I understand from Peppi, the Everyday Pan is an all-purpose pan used for searing, browning, and sauteing vegetables and meats. It also works well for making paella, jambalaya, and all-in-one meals that you can bring right to the table to serve. The lack of a long handle makes it easier to store. Peppi also mentioned that the lack of handle will be safer when cooking with Beau and Lily...now that's what's really important!

Bookmark   November 13, 2007 at 2:50PM
caflowerluver

That platter is beautiful. The pan looks like a good size one. I love my silicone spatulas too. Looks like everyone had fun at the PJ party!
Clare

Bookmark   November 13, 2007 at 6:16PM
riverrat1

I love that picture! It does look like Christmas morning ;-)

Cathy and Peppi, It was so much fun seeing this wonderful exchange in person. I love my everyday pan...and use it almost everyday. Great package!

That spatula makes a darn good Roux, eh?

Bookmark   November 13, 2007 at 9:14PM
pkramer60

Cathy, the best part was seeing your face when I gave you teh gift bag. That was priceless. Here we were in our jammies talking about the swap when I mentioned that mine was being delivered that day! I also told Cathy that this was a tough one as she had been sucha good freind to me over the years, but I stuck to my kitchen favorites.

The everyday pan is just that, you use it everyday. No more turning the pan to get the long handle out of the way, easy to put inthe sink to clean and in a pinch it can go right to the table like a paella pan. When my first cheapy one died, I had a new one ordered in 24 hours, I knew I could not be without one. And do we ever have enough spatulas? Or just the right platter for that certain something?

Enjoy as I did choosing it for you.I hope my favorites become yours.

Bookmark   November 13, 2007 at 9:23PM
sigh

Really great, from beginning to end. Loved the pictures, how you got a truly special delivery and the items themselves. Wonderful stuff.

Nina

Bookmark   November 14, 2007 at 8:25AM
brenda55

Cathy, love the special delivery that you received, what a surprise. What a really pretty platter, great pan. Love the fire in the background, too! Great job, Peppi.

Brenda

Bookmark   November 14, 2007 at 9:38AM
BeverlyAL

Your PJ's just make it more Christmasy looking. I know you are going to enjoy your gifts. You did good Peppi!

Beverly

Bookmark   November 14, 2007 at 2:21PM
annie1992

Ellen, I have that spatula, and I got it from Jessica, which is why I gave it such a good recommendation at Russo's! I love mine.

I also have one of those everyday pans, mine is Calphalon and a gift from Elery, he HATES my pans except my cast iron, LOL. I really like that pan, although I forget I have it.

I love the platter, all those things are so useful, and great choices. They are sure some of my favorite things too!

Annie

Bookmark   November 14, 2007 at 5:55PM
Carol Schmertzler Siegel

How cool to get your gifts in person! Enjoy, Cathy! Love the platter! Great favorites, Peppi!

Bookmark   November 16, 2007 at 9:32PM
jessyf

Glass lids on pans is something I've been lusting for. Great one to put on the wish list!

Yeah spatulas make great...toys...

And that platter will be PERFECT in Cathy's kitchen, I think!

Bookmark   November 18, 2007 at 8:20AM
earthlydelights

i missed this one originally...how nice is that to get your items in person! enjoy!

you two look to have matching pajamas? and who's reflections are in the mirror????? (inquiring minds want to know). looks like a nice house/cabin too.

maryanne

Bookmark   November 18, 2007 at 10:05PM
mustangs81

Yes, it was wonderful to get my delivery in person!

The reflection shows May/Lowspark taking the picture and David/Lakeguy to the right.

Bookmark   November 19, 2007 at 10:42AM
More Discussions
A couple more questions about the new format
I've noticed that there's an underline, then gw after...
sally2_gw
Waterlogue app
Photo of vegetables for tonight's dinner run through...
bbstx
What's Your Favorite Meal? To cook, to eat, to repeat...
Celebrate the continuation of the forum, and tell me...
plllog
Feels like the longest winter ever- anyone else dying for ramps?
Ok, so I can't stop thinking about ramp season. Maybe...
kiwigem
Kitchen Gadget Over-the-Top?
Drinking Straw Cleaner? I don't think so but checking...
mustangs81
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™