Best Deals on Wusthof

mvdyk03August 14, 2006

My wife and I are in the process of replacing our current cutlery "collection" with something nicer that will last a long time. After reading, and reading, and reading, and testing, and feeling, and, well, you get the picture, we've decided on the Wusthof Grand Prix II.

My experience tells me that there's not a whole lot of opportunity to "get a deal" on higher-end cookware (I suspect the same is true of higher-end cutlery), but the rational consumer in me tells me I should exhaust my options before I plunk down my cash, so, where have you seen good deals on this stuff, or, where do you think a good deal could be had? So far, the best "deals" appear to be either eBay or cutleryandmore.com, but even then, you're talking about 5% or so. Any other suggestions?

Thanks, in advance.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
eandhl

I have seen 2 or 3 piece sets packaged that are generally a good start. I have the W. classic and it is the best thing I ever did. Check out Chiefs catalog too.

Bookmark   August 15, 2006 at 12:32PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
deanb

If you have your heart set on Wusthof or the like you're best bet is to just Google or Froogle it. You're not going to find any super deals though. If you are concerned about the total number of dollars you spend then just get the basics. If you're interested in percent savings then remember that usually the larger the set - the greater the percentage saving over open stock.

Bookmark   August 16, 2006 at 8:33PM
More Discussions
Need a double boiler for induction cooktop
I need a 3 piece set: the bottom pan (induction ready),...
creativ3girl
Best Non-Stick Cookware?
Saw a segment on this morning's news that says not...
jrb451
Kitchen Selective food slicer
Would anyone know of source for parts for Kitchen Selective...
debby_1
silicone baking mat aftertaste
i got silicone baking mats on overstock.com a couple...
ardcp
Favorite tea kettle for induction?
Waiting patiently for my induction cooktop to be installed....
txjoyce
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™