when do you have enough 'toys'

jwangelinJuly 24, 2010

I like to keep my eyes open for new kitchen equipment. When I say new, I mean new to me. I have great finds at estate sales and new (and used) items online. I was at an estate sale today and saw some nice cast cookware that would go great with my 2 cast pans. I was lusting after a maslin pan online earlier. Has anyone had the guts to say "I have enough" and not buy anymore.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sushipup1

Oh, come over to the Cooking forum, and we'll discuss tools! LOL!

Here is a link that might be useful: Cooking forum

Bookmark   July 24, 2010 at 10:47PM
cooksnsews

Yea, I agree that my new kitchen is pretty much at the saturation point as far as gadgets and thingies goes. For some reason, I still think a food mill, and maybe a larger saute pan would be really nice, but where to put them??? I check my local Goodwill weekly for treasures, but haven't found any worthy kitchen goodies yet, although I did pick up a classic $29.95 sewing machine a few weeks back (no sewing machines in the kitchen yet, but the rest of the house is full of them).

Bookmark   July 26, 2010 at 1:25AM
klseiverd

I also find my "toys" at yard sales, flea markets & thrift shops. Buy things I'd NEVER spend real money on, try them out, some keepers, some become donations.

Picked up a Cuisinart ice cream maker for $5 at GW. Their prices are usually higher than other thrift shops... thinking they didn't know how to put it together. Now all I need is a spare freezer to park that container in.

Bought a Salad Shooter (deluxe) for $1-2. Not a keeper.

Bought a bread machine for less than $5 cuz it looked brand new... still in plastic, in box, with all the paperwork. When I got bored with bread making... another donation. It's not a "small" appliance and space was an issue. When I wanna make bread again... they're at every thrift store and yard sale.

Bought a second Cuisinart food processor cuz it was only $8... had 5 different blades. Bought it thinking extra bowl. Ended up it was a model one step up from what I already had... slightly larger and more powerful.

Found a Le Crueset square grill pan at GW for $5. In pristine condition except for some minor schmutz between ridges. Blue enamel exterior perfect. Wanted one, but NOT willing to spend about $100!

Bookmark   July 30, 2010 at 4:16PM
More Discussions
which cookware to choose?
hi. i just joined the forum today. we're a newly wedded...
doduhdew
White film/Oxidation on Wusthof Handles
I recently bought a set of Wusthof Classic Ikon knives...
rmverb
Best cookware for induction?
After LIVING on the kitchen site for the last few months,...
dccnm
tea kettles
Hi - does anyone know of a whistling tea kettle that...
chilloway
cooks essentials talking microwave
I don't know if I should post this here or on the cooking...
vacuumfreak
Sponsored Products
Tabea Flushmount by Eglo
$138.00 | Lumens
Xtend and Climb 780p Ladder
$239.00 | FRONTGATE
Galvanized Dome Pendant
$111.95 | Bellacor
Modern Indoor/Outdoor Area Rug: Artistic Weavers Rugs John Brown 6 ft. x 9 ft.
Home Depot
Charcoal Dream Castle Six-Piece Sheet Set
$49.99 | zulily
Cute Design PE Material LED Mobile Lamp in Egg Shape
ParrotUncle
Running Matador Art Print
$21.99 | Dot & Bo
Liberty Wicker Grey Outdoor Stacking Arm Chair (Set of 4)
Overstock.com
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™