McAfee

sugar_flNovember 29, 2012

This morning I updated my flash player & didn't see McAfee. Well it installed McAfee also. Can I just delete it in add & remove? I'm usually more careful but was in a hurry & now look what happened.
I hope I haven't messed up my computer as I also have Avast.
Thanks for any advice,
Dar

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ravencajun Zone 8b TX

you can try that or also use system restore if it does not go away you could try REVO

Bookmark   November 29, 2012 at 4:51PM
sugar_fl

Thanks Raven.. It seems to be gone.. at least it is no longer listed in add & remove. That will teach me to be more careful from now on.
Dar

Bookmark   November 29, 2012 at 6:53PM
DA_Mccoy

If you have CCleaner you might want to run the registry tool. On the appearing report select everything related to McAfee and remove. No guessing. As a practice accept the offer to create a backup when doing so.

DA

Bookmark   November 29, 2012 at 8:02PM
justme4now

If you can find him .. John McAfee may be able to help!

You've probably used software pioneered by John McAfee in your lifetime. The 67 year-old tech guru founded McAfee, Inc., the self-described "world�s largest dedicated security technology company." The company is most often associated with its virus removal services and products � what you and I buy to keep our computers clean. It�s a multibillion industry and McAfee is no exception: the company was purchased by mega-IT company Intel in 2011 for $7.68 billion.

You would think with numbers like that, John McAfee would be taking things easy. Only he�s not. The reclusive and somewhat controversial millionaire is currently on the run in Belize: he is wanted by police as part of investigation for the murder of his neighbor, Gregory Faull. Mr. Faull was found shot to death in his home over the weekend. McAfee was sought by police for questioning but instead, fled.

Here is a link that might be useful: murder-and-mayhem

Bookmark   November 29, 2012 at 8:58PM
justme4now

Why do the apostrophes and other assorted marks get all messed up in this forum?

They are changed to gobbly-goop no matter what or how often you try to correct the mess!

Bookmark   November 29, 2012 at 9:05PM
emma

I just experimented with assorted marks and no problem like I see above. A long time ago someone asked about that and it was blamed on typing their post else where, then copy and pasting it into the message box. ???

Bookmark   November 29, 2012 at 11:22PM
Richard (chuggerguy)

I don't know about McAfee but I'd make a guess that the apostrophe problem has something to do with "Character encoding"?

Just as an experiment, the next time it happens, you might try changing character encoding from UTF-8 to ISO-8859-1(or visa versa) before doing the copy/paste just to see what happens.

Just something to try if you want.

Bookmark   November 30, 2012 at 12:24AM
mikie_gw

it's looking ok here when I last saw it's Courier New fonts via IE Western European (windows) encoding !

Bookmark   November 30, 2012 at 7:56AM
grandms

Mine is set for Western (ISO, etc.), and I also get the gobbely gook on this forum. Previously had it set for UNICODE and it did the same.

Bookmark   November 30, 2012 at 9:10PM
grandms

Now I needed to edit the above, and don't see how to do it. Anyway, changed from one setting to another and it still messes up. By the way, I do not do a copy and paste, but type directly into the message box.

Bookmark   November 30, 2012 at 9:14PM
bbbluz

I updated Adobe Flash this morning on a PC I am fixing that won't update and I, too almost became a victim of that little piece of foistware. It's not the McAfee AV that is offered as a download, it is a site adviser that is similar to the WOT Safe browsing add-on. Avast has one as well when you install the Avast AV, if you choose to install it.

It won't interfere with your Avast though it is a pain because you didn't want it.

Bookmark   December 2, 2012 at 1:20PM
More Discussions
A free pdf to jpg program that works well?
I want to tear some pdf's apart, and wondering if someone...
shaddy101
Need help, I am confused
I think I have a huge problem. When I restart my computer...
Patricia Kuehne
free downloader for youtube videos to use in powerpoint?
I used to be able to download videos for use in my...
jean001a
setting defaults in Win8.1??
I was attempting to email a photo and it get this message...
carolssis
clicking to open a link doesn't work
Recently I had my computer serviced, now when trying...
cornsnake_lover
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™