Cookware

LauraFJuly 11, 2005

I am looking to purchase all clad cookware but not sure which type to purchase (i.e, all stainless, MC2, LTD)

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
MarkSharp

I'm about ready to purchase too. I decided stainless is the way to go for me. The care/cleanup with the stainless seems to outweigh any functional advantages - perhaps the copper core might conduct faster, but I've used all clad stainless and it's been fast enough. The look of clean stainless can be just as stunning as clean copper, so I don't think I'm getting much in aesthetics with the copper-R line, and the inside sandwich is aluminum, so similar conductivity to the stainless line. I tried the pans out for weight - I had a hard time differentiating them. I have heard the curved lip on some of the pots is different - only copepr core line has curved lips, but not sure exactly what pots this applies to - I know the fry/saute pans are the same designs. Would recommend store comparisons to make sure.

Bookmark   July 12, 2005 at 1:31AM
LauraF

Thank you very much for your help and information!

Bookmark   July 12, 2005 at 9:29AM
eandhl

I agree you can't go wrong with All Clad. Perhaps one may carry a slight advantage over the other in cooking but you are getting high quality cookware with any of them. The SS won for me because of putting in the DW which I do daily.

Bookmark   July 12, 2005 at 12:59PM
LauraF

Thanks again for feedback. I heard from someone at the store that if you have a high heat stove, such as a Viking, that the stainless would turn bluish....?? Is this true??

Bookmark   July 14, 2005 at 3:46PM
eandhl

I think any of the new SS pans will get a bluish/rainbow pattern if high heat is used. It will not harm the function of the pan and it will clean up with White Vinegar or Bar Keepers Friend.

Bookmark   July 14, 2005 at 7:54PM
More Discussions
Kitchenaid Stand Mixer Food Grinder
My hubs gave me the meat/food grinder attachment for...
mimijacobs
Help with a Farberware MicroBrew
I need some help figuring out how to use a Farberware...
ritaotay
Mauviel m'150s and m'250c
I'm looking at some pans in these two lines -- I understand...
Gooster
Need advice on a soup pot
hi, I haven't bought cookware in years, so don't know...
ellenr22
Favorite tea kettle for induction?
Waiting patiently for my induction cooktop to be installed....
txjoyce
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™