Fry Pro 2

gardenladJuly 24, 2007

Have y'all seen those advertorials for the Fry Pro 2? Been tempted to order one?

If you really feel like buying a Fry Pro 2, go lie down until the feeling passes.

I recently made the mistake of ordering one, and they have the worst customer service department in the world. I won't bore you with a full recitation of all the things that went wrong. If you want you can find them enumerated at http://www.cheftalk.com/forums/cooking-equipment-reviews/32683-worst-customer-service-ever-long-post.html.

Suffice it to say, customer service did nothing to resolve any of the problems. Adding insult to injury, I later decided to write the company president. A second call to customer service, where I was told they could not give me the president's name.

Anyway, just wanted to share this so as to save others the headaches I've experienced.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
suzyq3

Thanks for the great review, gardenlad.

Bookmark   July 26, 2007 at 10:45AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gardenlad

So, in response to my letter addressed to the president of Fry Pro, comes a response.

The outside looks like junk mail, cuz there is a return address but no company name. The letter itself is not on letterhead, but on something that was obviously keyed-in for the purpose.

Purportedly, the letter came from T. Santiago, Customer Service Supervisor (which is, of course, a long way from president). However, Mr. (Miss? Ms? Mrs?) Santiago didn't bother signing it. I reckon that's how you avoid responsibility for anything you might say.

Which wasn't much. The gist of the letter was that if I had any questions I should call the customer service department---you know, the folks who were singularly unable or unwilling to help me in the first place.

This is obviously a less than reputable company. If anyone deals with them after this, shame on you.

Bookmark   August 3, 2007 at 9:17AM
More Discussions
White film/Oxidation on Wusthof Handles
I recently bought a set of Wusthof Classic Ikon knives...
rmverb
tea kettles
Hi - does anyone know of a whistling tea kettle that...
chilloway
Is there lead in this antique brass pitcher?
Hello, I have a fondness for antique metal cookware...
bradleyd_svh
Fermented cabbage
Many people really enjoy as me the taste of fermented...
GeorgeLiv
Mauviel m'150s and m'250c
I'm looking at some pans in these two lines -- I understand...
Gooster
Sponsored Products
Eagle 25 1/2" High Tarnished Gold Round Wall Mirror
Lamps Plus
Eliot U-Chaise Sectional - Bentley Daisey Yellow
Joybird Furniture
Del Prato 1Lt Mini-Pendant a Chestnut Bronze
PLFixtures
Berwick Wall Sconce
Lightology
Curved Dining Chairs - Set of 2
$129.99 | Dot & Bo
Divi Chrome Two-Light Bath Fixture with Amber Cloud Glass
$207.00 | Bellacor
United Weavers Soundtrack Brown 7 ft. 10 in. x 11 ft. 2 in. Area Rug 401 00250 9
Home Depot
Rosso Amarone Set Of 2 Crystal Red Wine Goblets
Classic Hostess
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™