Range hood depth problem

lottesgardenNovember 6, 2010

OK, so I have a 30" Broan B30 range hood purchased at Lowes. My range is a 30" Bosch Evolution 700 series. On reviewing plans with the cabinetmaker, we've got a problem -- I'd planned on 16" deep uppers but the hood is made for 12" deep cabinets. I've looked around Google and the archives some and understand that a metal extender can be added to "bump out" the hood. Has anyone done this? How big a deal is it? Are there any other options for making it work? Picking another hood is an option but I really like the look of the B30 with my overall style (modern/European). Any advice is welcome ... thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
davidro1

Take it back. Get one that is bigger.

Bookmark   November 6, 2010 at 11:23PM
rentaltux

I had the exact same problem this weekend which was install day. I just built out the hood the extra few inches to match up with the larger uppers. I think it looks fine and my wife didn't even notice and I don't think she ever will. I covered the hole at the back with a piece of Stainless steel.

R

Bookmark   November 8, 2010 at 5:17PM
attofarad

Bumping it out to go with your 16" uppers is going to make the front of the hood come out 25.125" from the wall. I'd suggest mocking that up with cardboard or something, and make sure you are okay with that.

Bookmark   November 8, 2010 at 6:21PM
philly147

Regarding Broan B30, if you solved your cabinet depth problem, I am wondering how you like the range hood. We are thinking about purchasing this (also love the look) but can't find review anywhere. Hope to get your feedback - thanks!

Bookmark   February 16, 2013 at 4:45PM
More Discussions
gas oven ignitor help
I recently picked up a great amana self clean gas oven,...
billhiggs
48 inch Bertazoni Dual Fuel or MIELE Range and Combi Oven Steamer
I am putting my options of getting the range. I have...
hkwan
Over & Under refrigerator advice/options
I am remodeling my kitchen and planning to use separate...
uscpsycho
Best place to buy appliance parts
I have a GE range (6 yrs of age) for which I need parts....
puzzlefan
Whirlpool Chillerator Repair Question
I posted on this issue in Electrical Wiring, but I...
amyf5
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™