Buying new coffee Maker

char_lotteJuly 18, 2006

I'm looking to buy a new coffee maker, nothing special. Just something that brews a good cup of coffee.Price range ($30-75).

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
fairegold

My old $20 Braun worked great, but I was always forgetting to turn it off, and at that price, it doesn't have an automatic off.

I just got a Krups at Bed Bath and Beyond and used the 20% off coupon from the about $60 price.

Works well, auto shut-off.

Bookmark   July 20, 2006 at 10:28AM
pcj42

Try the free pot from Gevalia. You see their ads in magazines. They have great coffee pots!! Krups brand and you can cancel the coffe shipments after you get the first order with the free pot.

Bookmark   July 21, 2006 at 8:30AM
brooksiefan

Mr Coffee from Target is about $30 and has the cutoff timer. It has saved itself from burning dry a few times. I like it very much. If you can afford the Braun with the automatic timer, get it because I think it makes slightly better coffee.

Bookmark   July 21, 2006 at 5:51PM
Jean Popowitz

I got the single-serve Tassimo last fall for my birthday. It makes Gevalia coffee, lattes, tea, hot chocolate & decaf.

I now won't drink Starbucks lattes, preferring what I can make at home for a fraction of the cost. Bed, Bath & Beyond carries the disks and I save the 20% coupons for my coffee addiction :-) The machine is more $$ initially, but I've made it back in Starbucks savings (4 coffee drinkers at home who would be buying at least one Starbucks most days).

Bookmark   August 4, 2006 at 10:15AM
motherhubbard

I wouldn't have anything but the Bunn. Makes fast, as water is always hot in the water tank. I use it to make tea every day.

Bookmark   October 13, 2006 at 12:25PM
kitchendetective

The Krups Duotech (spelling?) with stainless steel carafes is probably my favorite coffee maker. However, the plastic top on the brewing apparatus eventually cracked. I have had many brands over the years. The coffee makers with hot plates tend to burn the coffee over time. The stainless carafes keep the coffee fresh. The Cuisinart Grind-n-Brew makes good coffee, but the model I used did not have a removable lid on the pot and that bothered me because I wasn't sure if I was getting the pot completely clean. There may be other models with which I am unfamiliar. The KitchenAid Pro-line is impressive because of the all metal construction, but both the maker and the pot have condensation-caused dripping problems which begin within a couple of months of purchase. (I have had two, the second of which was a replacement for the first. I have now given up.)

Bookmark   October 13, 2006 at 12:45PM
bluelytes

I totally agree with MOTHERHUBBARD re: BUNN. I bought mine over 20yrs ago, and its still going strong. All the inner parts are either copper or stainless steel. last forever. Now you would prolly pay around 100.00 for one, but WELL WORTH the investment, IMHO.

Regards;
bluelytes

Bookmark   October 17, 2006 at 4:40AM
More Discussions
silicone baking mat aftertaste
i got silicone baking mats on overstock.com a couple...
ardcp
Is there lead in this antique brass pitcher?
Hello, I have a fondness for antique metal cookware...
bradleyd_svh
best (semi-pro) brand pots and pans for induction
hello we are renovating our kitchen and now it will...
robantwerp
induction stove power boost function
Have a set of Zwilling cookware and their brochure...
metaphilos
tea kettles
Hi - does anyone know of a whistling tea kettle that...
chilloway
Sponsored Products
VIG Furniture - Renava Rock Modern Large Patio Sofa Set - VGMNROCK-LRG
Great Furniture Deal
Area Rug: Home & Porch Wymberly Coffee 5' x 7' 6"
Home Depot
Orange Lemons Rectangular Outdoor Coffee Table, Patio Furniture
FRONTGATE
Edgemont Table Lamp
$129.90 | Bellacor
Fairview Table Lamp by Dimond
$186.00 | Lumens