Scanpan and smooth cooktop

Judyz7July 26, 2004

I just unpacked my scanpan order and they look wonderful - can hardly wait to use them. For those of you who also have the glass cooktop, the pans for use on this cooktop are supposed to be perfectly flat across the bottom. The scanpans have an indentation in the center. Is that ok for cooking on smoothtop?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sokelengl

yes. It heats up perfect and quickly. Enjoy the pleasure of cooking with Scanpan.

Bookmark   July 27, 2004 at 8:33AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Donnabella48

I have done everything as instructed. I have cooked on my ceramic hob for maybe 5 yrs - I know its heat etc. It's our 35th wedding anniversary tonight so I'm definitely no newbie cook - but I have had 2 brand new Scanpans 'buckle' in a week - what the heck is going on? Why don't these pans stay sitting flat on the hob? I have the large skillet style pan - I've used it maybe 3 times - tonight was fillet steak on a quite moderate heat - I heated the pan gently as instructed and just can't believe that, again, it is not sitting flat. The pan now tips towards the handle so there is almost 2mms of the pan not on the hob anymore. Please help as I love the look of these pans - I wan to buy the whole set but now I'm worried about that choice. What am I doing wrong please.

Bookmark   January 10, 2005 at 5:14AM
More Discussions
Club cast aluminum still made?
I am new to the list, so forgive me if this subject...
joan41
Favorite tea kettle for induction?
Waiting patiently for my induction cooktop to be installed....
txjoyce
Best Non-Stick Cookware?
Saw a segment on this morning's news that says not...
jrb451
Nu Wave Oven
Has anyone bought this? Is it worth the cost? It is...
marie26
Fermented cabbage
Many people really enjoy as me the taste of fermented...
GeorgeLiv
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™