Has anyone tried Fissler cookware?

eleenaJuly 10, 2010

If you have, then which line (Original Pro, Solea, etc)

What do you think of it?

Thank you!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sushipup1

Try a search (use box at bottom of the page, not the one at the top) on "Fissler, and you'll see 4 or 5 threads from the past.

Bookmark   July 10, 2010 at 2:06PM
eleena

Thank you, Sushi!

I had forgotten bout the differences in those two Searches.

I followed your advice and did find 4-5 posts but they were older and not informative enough. I guess not many people are using this brand.

I was trying to find out if any of Fissler lines were good for induction cooking. I have heard that the Original Pro line was so-so on induction.

I am not sure what the 'policy' is here. Should I just 'bump' one of the older threads?

Tx!

Bookmark   July 10, 2010 at 3:43PM
sushipup1

Sure, bump an old thread, maybe someone will see that or even this one. It's just not been a busy topic, like you say, perhaps not enough people have it. Did you try a Google search to see if it comes up on any other Cooking site?

Bookmark   July 10, 2010 at 3:47PM
PeterRB

We have the Fissler Intensa line of cookware; it's induction ready and works wonderfully.

Bookmark   November 26, 2011 at 5:44PM
alexrander

Although this thread is a year old, I know the cooking school at Eurostoves- in Maine, uses Fissler cookware. You can find them on the internet and give them a call if you have questions.

Bookmark   December 1, 2011 at 12:19AM
eleena

Oh, wow! I have not been here for many months and I am very surprised to find my old thread still alive!

I actually talked to Eurostoves in summer of 2010 when doing my cookware research. They did like Fissler. However (if I remember correctly) the pans have a sandwiched bottom, not clad all around.

Sandwiched-bottom cookware is supposed to be much cheaper than clad but Fissler is almost as expensive as All-Clad and not sold where I live (which makes it harder to return if necessary).

So, taking everything (including price) into consideration, I got All Clad saucepans, a Demeyere frypan, and Lagostina saute pan and pots.

Thank you everyone who responded!

Bookmark   December 9, 2011 at 1:38PM
More Discussions
best (semi-pro) brand pots and pans for induction
hello we are renovating our kitchen and now it will...
robantwerp
Fermented cabbage
Many people really enjoy as me the taste of fermented...
GeorgeLiv
Kitchen Selective food slicer
Would anyone know of source for parts for Kitchen Selective...
debby_1
Nu Wave Oven
Has anyone bought this? Is it worth the cost? It is...
marie26
Favorite tea kettle for induction?
Waiting patiently for my induction cooktop to be installed....
txjoyce
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™