AnnT. Food Processor? Kitchenaid, Cuisinart?

aprilquiltsJuly 14, 2006

Hi there, I am considering a purchase of a food processor. I have searched the archives, but I'm still a bit confused as to which brand to get. I know that Ann bought the kitchenaid and considered giving it to her son and keeping the cuisinart.

I can not afford the professional line kitchenaid. I'm looking to spend no more than $200. Which would you recommend? I'm especially interested in knowing about ease of cleaning, and storing, as well as general performance.

Thanks so much!

April

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ann_t

April, I don't think that you can go wrong with a Cuisinart or a Kitchenaid. As far as Food Processors go, they both get great reviews. I did end up giving my son the cuisinart and I upgraded to the Kitchenaid Pro line series food processor.

If you are looking for something under $200.00 you might consider buying the Cuisinart that one of our members just bought. Shaun got a very good deal on a Cuisinart from Costco. An 11-cup Stainless steel model.

Shaun has been cooking up a storm with her new toy.

You might want to read both of these threads.

My New Toy

Follow-Up Thread

Ann

Bookmark   July 14, 2006 at 11:23AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lynnalexandra

Hi, April. I also got the KA FP 770 in the brushed nickel. The 760 is the same, but not in a nickel finish (does come in black and white and maybe other finishes). The 760 can definitely be found for under $200 - probably $160-$180 range if you check amazon, or use coupons for LNT or BBB.

I thought I'd mention that I got my 770 for a very good price of $224 (with free shipping). I know that's over your $200 limit, but I thought I'd mention it in case you liked the nickel finish. Usually I see this for over $250. One day I pulled up a special price at ABT electronics (I did a search on froogle) - when I went to their sight the price was listed as $224 (lower than what froogle said). While that price was no longer in print when I ordered, I called them up and they said they would give me that price. So for you or others who want that brushed nickel, this was the best price I found.

I've only just started using my FP (and can't compare it to a Cuisinart), but i do really like it. Very heavy, but incredibly quiet, and nice, sharp cutting - doesn't pulverize the food.

Bookmark   July 18, 2006 at 10:33PM
More Discussions
Kitchenaid Stand Mixer Food Grinder
My hubs gave me the meat/food grinder attachment for...
mimijacobs
Best stockpot recommendations?
I've been slowly upgrading my cookware (Demeyere, Le...
Gooster
Wagners 1891 Dutch Oven
I have a couple of questions about a 5 qt Wagners 1891...
jpc57
Is there lead in this antique brass pitcher?
Hello, I have a fondness for antique metal cookware...
bradleyd_svh
induction stove power boost function
Have a set of Zwilling cookware and their brochure...
metaphilos
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™