Do I REALLY need a new Bosch Dishwasher

BerlinGirlNovember 19, 2012

Doing a Kitchen renovation now...and was asked if I am using my old appliances. I said they are practically new...LOL, well, maybe not BRAND new...they are eight years old. I have a Bosch right now that I love, however its Eight years this month. I thought it was "younger' than that. So, Wondering what the life span is of these appliances is?. Granite won't be laid for a while, need to have a dishwasher in by them. Any thoughts or recommendtions. I never thought of buying a new one, but with the sales running now might be the time...Thanks in advance. What are some of the new changes?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
weissman

If you're happy with the DW, then keep it - a new one may actually be worse and less reliable. A DW is something that can easily be replaced later, if necessary.

Bookmark   November 19, 2012 at 12:39PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sara_the_brit_z6_ct

Like you, I was urged to replace my DW when the kitchen was remodelled. I resisted - it was a 6 yr old Bosch, working perfectly. It's now 4 years later, and the thing still works like a charm. My theory was that dishwashers have standard dimensions, so it could be replaced as and when necessary without having to make any alterations in the kitchen, whereas an oven or fridge might be more difficult. I could see no reason to replace a perfectly functioning appliance, and clearly I made the right decision.

Bookmark   November 19, 2012 at 4:21PM
More Discussions
BlueStar Refrigerators
Anyone taken a look at the new BS refrigerators? If...
Mistman
Wolf is increasing the BTUs on front burners
When I called the Wolf showroom in Atlanta, I was told...
charon70
essentials you can't live without in your front load washing machine?
I am trying to purchase a new washing machine for our...
abick2
Can a Whirpool wrs342fiab00 Refrigerator use water filter bypass ?
I have an undersink filter connected to this fridge,...
edge
need help - with Miele DW and Ikea Sektion panel
Hi All, Getting a Sektion kitchen. I want a Miele...
Kathy Rohde
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™