Oven safe saute pan-what can I use if I don't have one?

beanwabrJuly 10, 2012

I am hoping there is something else I can use. I found a recipe I'd like to try (olive oil baked shrimp) but wanted to see if there's an alternative, as I'd really not like not having to purchase one at this time. Thank you.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sushipup1

Use any oven-safe pan for the oven part of the recipe. Use whatever fry pan you have for the stove-top part of it. You will just be washing two pans.

Bookmark   July 10, 2012 at 9:36AM
beanwabr

Thanks sushipup! This is the recipe; I'm wondering if I could just use one of my glass oven-proof dishes for this ... does it matter about the cookwear type? Thanks!

2 lbs large shrimp, peeled and deveined
3 tbsp. chopped garlic
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
4 tbsp lemon juice
2 tsp salt
1 tbsp red pepper flakes
3 tbsp chopped parsley
14 cup chopped fresh tomatoes
1/4 cup white wine

Preheat oven to 375. Combine all ingredients in an over-safe saute pan and bake for 10 minutes.

Bookmark   July 10, 2012 at 1:00PM
sushipup1

No need for a saute pan at all in that recipe; I have no idea why they called for that. I do something very similar entirely on the stove top in a fry pan. Probably cut way back on the olive oil, maybe to 1/4 cup at most, just enough to coat the mixture. Also too much salt. Use about 1/2 tsp and then adjust to taste after the dish cooks. I will also use a can of good quality chopped tomatoes if tomatoes are not in season/cheap/good. Sounds yummy. We like it with pasta, and I'll add chopped canned (in water) artichoke hearts, too. Since it's in the oven, you might also add a layer of panko crumbs on the top.

Your glass baking dish will be fine.

Bookmark   July 10, 2012 at 1:26PM
sidpost

About any stainless steel cookware will work for this recipe. Shorter sides will help keep the heat even so, a skillet or fry pan would be better then a saucepot. Pyrex baking dishes would be good too.

Bookmark   July 24, 2012 at 5:45PM
More Discussions
Pasta rolling pin aka mattarello
I'm planning on purchasing a mattarello or pasta rolling...
miscel
Help with a Farberware MicroBrew
I need some help figuring out how to use a Farberware...
ritaotay
which cookware to choose?
hi. i just joined the forum today. we're a newly wedded...
doduhdew
cooks essentials talking microwave
I don't know if I should post this here or on the cooking...
vacuumfreak
Need a double boiler for induction cooktop
I need a 3 piece set: the bottom pan (induction ready),...
creativ3girl
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™