Putting door back onto a Electrolux 30" wall oven

Blondie3180November 24, 2012

I followed the directions to take it off but we tried everything to put it back on almost all day yesterday. I even called Electrolux to help. I followed the manual directions that stated to take the door off then, do the directions in reverse but, it did not work!!

Tried it again this morning and it went right on. hold the door at the same angle (45) that you removed the door. Put the brackets into the oven slots and then bring the door DOWN to a full open positions. It will then allow the brackets to seat into the wall oven. Now re-lock the brackets and close the door. I was so excited to finally have the door on, yayyyyy!!!!!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
llaatt22

Good job!
Another tip is to check Youtube for a demo or DIY video if some things don't seem to match the instructions.
It may not have your exact range and exact procedure needed but it may offer insight to what are the usual steps.

One word of caution re Youtube: the disassembly of lightweight stainless clad oven doors to do work inside them
is not simple like the old white enamel on steel doors. The various components are under tension are can bend out
of shape when loosened if precautions are not taken.

Bookmark   November 24, 2012 at 11:03PM
More Discussions
24" refrigerator. Liebherr, Fagor, LG, etc?
We live in Boston. We are in the market for 24"....
ttkogi
Whirlpool Chillerator Repair Question
I posted on this issue in Electrical Wiring, but I...
amyf5
Jenn Air Counter Depth Refrigerator
Hi, We will probably be getting the Jenn Air counter...
C C
48 inch Bertazoni Dual Fuel or MIELE Range and Combi Oven Steamer
I am putting my options of getting the range. I have...
hkwan
New Bertazzoni Induction Range?
I just saw a press release from Bertazzoni about a...
ltislander
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™