Two new double-oven induction ranges: Maytag v Whirlpool?

MizLizzieNovember 3, 2013

Helping my sister shop for an induction range and she wants a double oven if possible. I see two new ones have come on the market. (See link.) I prefer the looks of the Whirlpool. In comparing them, I see little difference. I know they are owned by the same mfg and I wonder if these are the same ranges in different skins. Could that be right?

If not, are there any quality differences between Whirl and Maytag?

Many thanks for any insight.

Here is a link that might be useful: AJM comparison link

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
live_wire_oak

Same same.

There are plenty of cooktops that will use all of a 50 amp circuit's juice. Then another 40 amp circuit for a wall oven. You don't see any ranges using 100 amp circuits. With only a single 40 or 50 amp circuit to use, a range has to rob Peter to pay Paul from something. Any induction range that has two ovens does so at a detriment to the cooktop portion.

Bookmark   November 3, 2013 at 11:46AM
pecabo

Did your sister make a choice on the double oven? I'm leaning toward the Maytag just because I know someone who is pleased with theirs.

Bookmark   May 6, 2014 at 5:23PM
MizLizzie

She did. She went with the Whirlpool and she loves it.

Bookmark   May 6, 2014 at 9:10PM
pecabo

Thanks! Our Lowe's has the Whirlpool in stock, so I've actually seen it; good to get a positive review on it. I really appreciate your feedback.

Bookmark   May 6, 2014 at 9:22PM
MizLizzie

I think you'd be pleased. I've used the cooktop on hers and it is awesome. She bakes a lot. She cooks a lot. Her whole family cooks. Constantly. It's like a religion for them. Everyone loves the Whirlpool. It hums a bit more loudly than my Bosch cooktop, which barely makes a sound. But it is only a hum and last time I asked her about it, she gave me a blank look. She had ceased to notice it. But I think the two ranges are about the same -- go to AJMadison and download the manuals for both and you'll see what I mean -- so you should choose based on looks and price, I think. I am just glad to see good induction ranges at this price point.

Bookmark   May 6, 2014 at 9:46PM
pecabo

I've heard about the humming issue but it seems both brands have it. Like your sister, most people said they got used to it.

The last time I looked, Lowe's had them priced the same. I'll check around since Lowe's (the only place near me) will price match.

Bookmark   May 6, 2014 at 10:13PM
More Discussions
Wolf porcelain chipping on new ovens
Argggggg!!!! New wolf E series ovens, purchased and...
jackson2348
Over & Under refrigerator advice/options
I am remodeling my kitchen and planning to use separate...
uscpsycho
NY - Long Island Kitcken Appliance (Berta/Electrolux/etc...)
Hi All... I've been lucking for the past 6 months while...
nyli2014
2 Weeks With my New ASKO Dishwasher--a review
Since very few people here have ASKO dishwashers or...
needinfo1
Has anyone dealt with any members from AutomaticWasher.org
I am curious to know if anyone has spoken with any...
anthony1717
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™