AC Copper Core - anyone tried it?

MarkSharpJune 13, 2005

Interested to know if anyone has tried All Clad copper core skillet. About to get the Stainless Steel 12-inch skillet, but wanted to know if anyone has experience with the copper copper AC skillets? Is the faster heat conduction of copper a help or hinderance?

-Mark

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
eandhl

I can't answer your exact question but I will say I have SS All Clad which is great and I have Cuisinart everyday SS with the copper sandwiched disc. The cuisinart is defiantely hotter! Great for some fast cooking but hot enough that I can not simmer in the pans. Good luck.

Bookmark   June 15, 2005 at 11:58AM
MarkSharp

Thanks eandhl. Is that a gas or electric heat source you have trouble simmering?

Bookmark   June 15, 2005 at 7:14PM
eandhl

It is electric thermador smoothtop. I can simmer fine with the All Clad SS, just not the Cuisinart with the copper disc. I am well aware that the cuisinart everyday has a thinner bottom and one could not compare it to the AC copper core. I only meant to point out copper heats hotter than alumin. core.

Bookmark   June 16, 2005 at 8:22AM
spewey

The copper may heat faster, but it shouldn't go in a DW. For that reason, I went with the AC SS, which heats fine and comes out of the DW looking great. I hate hand-washing!

Bookmark   June 17, 2005 at 12:31AM
solarpowered

I note that Demeyere's copper bottoms in their Atlantis line are enclosed in SS, and so can go in the diswasher. I've recently picked up some Atlantis, and find that it heats very evenly, and cleans up well.

Bookmark   June 22, 2005 at 9:35PM
More Discussions
induction questions: heat distribution vs. pan size, moisture
I bought a single-burner induction hotplate to try...
meeotch
Help with a Farberware MicroBrew
I need some help figuring out how to use a Farberware...
ritaotay
Best stockpot recommendations?
I've been slowly upgrading my cookware (Demeyere, Le...
Gooster
New Viking Cookware
Has anyone tried the new Viking Cookware now being...
katespak
Recommendation for pans for high heat cooking
I like "high heat" cooking, not the kind...
azmom
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™