I be chillin'

speweyJune 14, 2005

Well, I would be chillin' if I could find a decent ice crusha at a reasonable price. I grew up in a household with a Daisy ice crusha mounted on a door frame. Good, heavy seemingly cast iron works and receptacle; did a great job. Probably cost less than $5 in the 1960s. Alas, can't seem to find one today. Similar items are made by Metrokane today, but they are either flimsy (the $20 one at Target) or overpriced ($50 or more from Amazon). I was a crushin' ice in my Cuisinart tonight to make some Zombies for my homeys but that seemed so ghetto, plus I hear it's not the best thing for a food processor. (The ice was nicely crushed but there were still some chunkies in it). Any suggestions? Has anyone seen a Daisy in a month of Sundays? Thanks.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
claire_de_luna

Hey Spewey, Try this.

Here is a link that might be useful: Dazey Ice Crusha

Bookmark   June 15, 2005 at 2:34AM
spewey

Wow, Claire, that is exactly the crusha I was looking for. I feel like such an idiot spelling a word "Daisy."

Alas, last night while we were serving drinks, I was ready to crush some more ice in the food processor, when one of my friends simply moved a lever on the icemaker dispenser, and voila, crushed ice. I was just as happy as if I had any sense.

Bookmark   June 16, 2005 at 12:38AM
claire_de_luna

Well, THAT was easy! Congratulations on your new-found Ice Crusha! And you don't have to do it manually, hooray. Please don't be embarrassed...I'm still learning how my computer works...

Bookmark   June 16, 2005 at 12:59PM
JessyFeldm_speakeasy

SPEWEY!!!! ROFLMAO!!!

(Must keep mouth shut....)

NO THE DARK SIDE IS TAKING ME OVER.....HEEEELLLLPPPPP

As TJ would say, 'didn't you read the user manual?'

Sorry, my evil twin made me do it...

Bookmark   June 16, 2005 at 11:07PM
More Discussions
stainless flatware
does anyone have reed and barton allora flatware? i...
JoPierson
Best Non-Stick Cookware?
Saw a segment on this morning's news that says not...
jrb451
silicone baking mat aftertaste
i got silicone baking mats on overstock.com a couple...
ardcp
tea kettles
Hi - does anyone know of a whistling tea kettle that...
chilloway
Mauviel m'150s and m'250c
I'm looking at some pans in these two lines -- I understand...
Gooster
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™