Thoughts on ranges with double ovens

erhmNovember 8, 2012

We are looking for a 30-inch gas range and I'm leaning toward the models that feature double ovens--would love the additional flexibility. But because they are newer I feel like there's not a lot of information out there. We like the look of the GE Cafe model, but it's expensive and got mediocre ratings from Consumer Reports. We're also considering the KitchenAid dual fuel model (which got good ratings from CR), and two other GE models--the Profile (not rated by CR) and a regular GE (model number JGB870SETSS, CR gave it slightly better ratings than the Cafe). Any other models we should be considering? Thoughts generally about the Cafe line and whether its worth paying more?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Farbuncle

Double oven ranges may be newer in the US but they have been the common default type cooker in Europe for decades.
While living in England, I grew to love my double oven cooker so much that I could not live without one now. A GE Profile electric is what I have and cannot fault it. I cannot compare it either as its the only one I've used. It has far more features than I will ever use.

Good luck with your search.

Bookmark   November 8, 2012 at 7:43PM
More Discussions
New Bertazzoni Induction Range?
I just saw a press release from Bertazzoni about a...
ltislander
Bertazzoni gas range comprehensive review
So I've seen this question presented a few times, and...
jgopp
Help Me Choose A Wall Oven
I have a Gaggenau 24" inch convection oven over...
heron3
High end appliances thermador vs. dacor
I currently have dacor ovens. I am trying decide brands...
mcaprizs
Best customer service for wall ovens?
I posted this comment to an older thread lamenting...
Mrs. Porchman
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™