Epicurean Cutting Surfaces?

WaggnJune 18, 2005

Does anyone have one of these cutting boards. I think it may be exactly what I am looking for but it is very expensive so I would love to hear opinions before I jump in. Thanks!

http://epicureancs.com/

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sillywabbit

Hi, yes I have one of these boards. I really love it. It's very much like wood to cut on in feel, and it's kind to your knife blades, but it can be put in the dishwasher, unlike wood boards. I have a large one right now, but I'd like to get a smaller one also. I don't think you can go wrong with one of these.

Bookmark   June 19, 2005 at 7:34AM
Waggn

Thanks, that's great to hear. I think I'll get the big one first and then follow up with the smaller one as well. Does the surface get scratched up from the knives?

Bookmark   June 19, 2005 at 7:59AM
Waggn

Sorry, I forgot to ask if it warps. I'm sure it doesn't but I have to ask. Here's the link properly by the way.

Here is a link that might be useful: epicurean cutting surfaces

Bookmark   June 19, 2005 at 8:09AM
sillywabbit

No the surface has not scratched at all, no knife cut marks. I think you'd have to cut down pretty hard to scratch it. Before I bought it at the kitchen store I asked the guy if it was hard on knives and he cut across it with a knife tip to show it was like wood, but he deliberately did it. Mine has no marks on it. It hasn't warped either. I bought the thicker board with the black around the edge, so I don't know if that makes a difference or not. It's been through the dishwasher a number of times and is still perfectly flat. They had a less expensive thinner model in the same line. I don't know if that one would warp or not. I saw the boards on Amazon. Not sure if they're the thin or thicker ones.

Bookmark   June 19, 2005 at 9:24AM
Waggn

Thank so much for your help. I'm planning on getting the one with the groove around the edge which I think also has a black stripe through it. It's 1/2 inch thick so it should hold up well! Thanks so much again!

Bookmark   June 20, 2005 at 10:24AM
gedkins

I have one of these boards and I am taking it back. After just 2 months and never soaking it or putting it in the dishwasher it warped so badly it will not sit on its rubber feet.

Bookmark   June 13, 2012 at 7:31PM
olga_6b

My boards do not have any feet. I have 3 different sizes, including one with groove for 5+ years and love them. They are perfectly flat, no wrapping. I putat least one of them into dishwashed every night.
olga

Bookmark   June 15, 2012 at 11:07AM
More Discussions
cooks essentials talking microwave
I don't know if I should post this here or on the cooking...
vacuumfreak
Stainless Cookware cleaning - again... :
Hi all, IÂve read a lot of posts on how to clean stainless...
wazatron
Need advice on a soup pot
hi, I haven't bought cookware in years, so don't know...
ellenr22 - NJ - Zone 6b/7a
Best Non-Stick Cookware?
Saw a segment on this morning's news that says not...
jrb451
Pasta rolling pin aka mattarello
I'm planning on purchasing a mattarello or pasta rolling...
miscel
Sponsored Products
KOHLER Cutting Boards Epicurean 13.5 in. L x 15.75 in. W Hardwood Cutting and
Home Depot
Alpine Heavy-Gauge Aluminum 9-quart Ceramic Induction Dutch Oven
Overstock.com
Handle 18'' Cutting Board
$13.99 | zulily
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™