Fagor Pressure Cooker's maiden voyage Fail. Advice?

taypeeJune 3, 2012

I just bought a Fagor multi cooker and thought I'd try it out on beans. First time, I put in two cups of kidney beans unsoaked and six cups of water. The website said if you're using unsoaked beans, cook them for 15+ extra. So I set the timer on high for 25 minutes. I didn't look at the clock, but I'm pretty sure 25 minutes came and went. I smelled beans burning, so I turned it off, opened the valve for steam at the top, and sure enough: they were burned black. I thought maybe I hadn't put in enough water. So I did it again, and made sure I put in enough water. This time, after 15 minutes, I turned it off, waited for the steam to clear, and took a peek. There were beans bubbling in water. So I closed it back up, turned it on for another 10 minutes, opened the valve for steam at the top, waited for it to clear, but the timer just kept going, even though I had pushed the stop button. I unplugged it, opened it up, and they were burned again.

The Fagor's timer never rang. And it was like it didn't even want to turn off.

Should I send this thing back?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sushipup1

Try the Cooking forum. Lots more activity there, and people to help.

Here is a link that might be useful: cooking forum

Bookmark   June 3, 2012 at 11:10PM
FagorAmerica

Taypee,
You can return the multicooker through the retailer you purchased it from or you can contact our customer service number: 1-800-207-0806, extension 127. We can help with troubleshooting. We do have a Service Center where the product can be inspected and fixed or replaced if neccesary.
Thank you.

Bookmark   June 5, 2012 at 9:05AM
asolo

"So I set the timer on high for 25 minutes. I didn't look at the clock, but I'm pretty sure 25 minutes came and went."

I don't know what you're talking about (how does one set a timer on "high"?) but I have no doubt you don't know what you're doing. Please do accept FagorAmerica's invitation.

Bookmark   June 5, 2012 at 8:27PM
More Discussions
Any information on Evaco/Cast?
Just saw this in a kitchen store...latest non-stick...
rogerv_gw
Need advice on a soup pot
hi, I haven't bought cookware in years, so don't know...
ellenr22
induction stove power boost function
Have a set of Zwilling cookware and their brochure...
metaphilos
Fermented cabbage
Many people really enjoy as me the taste of fermented...
GeorgeLiv
White film/Oxidation on Wusthof Handles
I recently bought a set of Wusthof Classic Ikon knives...
rmverb
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™