Le Creuset tri-ply stainless

flseadogJune 14, 2009

Does anyone have this and how do you like it? We are getting ready to move to our new house with the induction cooktop and I'm looking for a good set of induction ready cookware. Our old stuff is calphalon hard anodized that I've collected over the years that I really like but I guess I'll be giving it to DD now. Unfortunately, the calphalon tri-ply stainless is not induction compatible from what I hear. This really is sad since I like the calphalon shapes, sizes, handles and lids so much. Can you make any other suggestions on what might be comparable to the calphalon without breaking the bank completely? TIA.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
deepwater

This will not help you, but I thought a lot of people would find it very interesting. Calphalon now markets cookware in Japan and Australia that is anodized AND will work with induction cooktops.

I wonder how they do that. Perhaps a steel layer between the aluminum and the nonstick surface.

Here is a link that might be useful: Calphalon Contemporary Nonstick-IH

Bookmark   June 15, 2009 at 6:50PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
flseadog

Thanks, deepwater. That was really interesting. I did e-mail Calphalon and they verified that the tri-ply they sell in the U.S. is not induction ready and said something like, "only our cast iron products will work on an induction cooktop." They said not one word about the product you linked. This is really too bad since I've really liked using my hard anodized pots and pans. They always look good and I'm not a pot scrubbing kind of person plus food cooks really well in them.

Bookmark   June 16, 2009 at 5:23PM
More Discussions
induction stove power boost function
Have a set of Zwilling cookware and their brochure...
metaphilos
White film/Oxidation on Wusthof Handles
I recently bought a set of Wusthof Classic Ikon knives...
rmverb
Fermented cabbage
Many people really enjoy as me the taste of fermented...
GeorgeLiv
Need advice on a soup pot
hi, I haven't bought cookware in years, so don't know...
ellenr22
Best stockpot recommendations?
I've been slowly upgrading my cookware (Demeyere, Le...
Gooster
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™