do ya have a meat slicer?

klseiverdJune 30, 2011

Years ago, had inexpensive one I picked up at a Sears "surplus" store. Worked so so?!? Blade didn't spin very fast and thickness control would widen as I used it. Never came close to a deli slice... but only spent about $25-30 for it. Didn't get used all that much and finally either sold it at a yard sale or donated to a thrift shop.

I know a REAL deli slice is probably several thousand $$. If you have a slicer for HOME use, please fill me in. What make/model? What price range? Pros? Cons?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
zzeasy

I have an old Waring that acts just like your Sears did. For how often its used, it serves the purpose. But I often see Slicers for around $100-150 in Cabelas and Bass Pro advertisements. They look pretty decent and might be worth it moreso than something like the Waring- what keeps me from using it more frequently is the tear-down and clean-up (which isn't as bad as it sounds but still is a pain). If you invest in new one, let us know.

Bookmark   July 21, 2011 at 11:18AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
suska6184

This post reminds me, I got one as a wedding gift nearly 30 years ago, and that box has never been opened! It's very similar to the one my mother had, and she used hers quite regularly. I'll have to dig that box out and give it a try sometime...

Bookmark   September 8, 2013 at 2:14PM
More Discussions
Best stockpot recommendations?
I've been slowly upgrading my cookware (Demeyere, Le...
Gooster
Wagners 1891 Dutch Oven
I have a couple of questions about a 5 qt Wagners 1891...
jpc57
induction stove power boost function
Have a set of Zwilling cookware and their brochure...
metaphilos
Nu Wave Oven
Has anyone bought this? Is it worth the cost? It is...
marie26
Help with a Farberware MicroBrew
I need some help figuring out how to use a Farberware...
ritaotay
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™