Demeyere Proline 5-Star? Is it the best ~$200 skillet

sidpostJune 17, 2012

I'm looking for a better stainless steel skillet. I have tried a few pieces of All-Clad and I hate the long handles on the skillets and pots. The Demeyere Proline seems like the best choice based on what I have seen on Youtube but, I don't want to over look other European brands that make a superior stainless steel skillet (no non-stick coatings please).

The Demeyere Proline 5-Star 11" Frying Pan seems to be one of the best if not the "best" with its 7-layer copper/silver encapsulated based that that runs edge-to-edge and up the sides of the pan. These seem to run about $200.

What other brands should I consider? Has anyone used this skillet against another well known model that can provide some cooking performance comments?

Here is a link that might be useful: Demeyere Proline at Sur La Table

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sidpost

Here's the link to Demeyere's web-site

Here is a link that might be useful: Demeyere link

Bookmark   June 17, 2012 at 7:12PM
antiquesilver

I have one that's about 8-10 years old; back then, it was just part of the Atlantis line as I recall. I absolutely love it & prior to buying it, I didn't even like skillets - always preferred saute pans. Now, it's my fry pan of choice & I have a decent selection of AllClad & older anodozed Calphalon & Magnalites, & a deBuyer steel pan.

IMO, it's worth the expense.

Bookmark   June 18, 2012 at 3:05PM
margareta_mi

Only the straight-sided Demeyere Atlantis pieces have copper in the bottoms; the curved have aluminum. I love my ProLine fry pans; I have two and I am very glad I bought them for my induction cooktop.

Bookmark   June 19, 2012 at 10:01AM
More Discussions
induction questions: heat distribution vs. pan size, moisture
I bought a single-burner induction hotplate to try...
meeotch
Need advice on a soup pot
hi, I haven't bought cookware in years, so don't know...
ellenr22
Favorite tea kettle for induction?
Waiting patiently for my induction cooktop to be installed....
txjoyce
Club cast aluminum still made?
I am new to the list, so forgive me if this subject...
joan41
Need a double boiler for induction cooktop
I need a 3 piece set: the bottom pan (induction ready),...
creativ3girl
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™