Can you change Subzero flush inset to a stainless steel panel?

jadore_decorNovember 4, 2012

Hi, we purchased a Subzero BI42SO but decided we want the stainless look now, can you just purchase the S/S panel after the fact or is it a different model all together? The fridge has not been installed yet.

Thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jgopp

It will be a different model. The doors are different. Sub-Zero should be able to exchange it, though I believe the SS option is a little more money than the panel ready.

Bookmark   November 4, 2012 at 4:02PM
motherof3sons

I am unable to confirm. But I think a stainless steel skin can be ordered. When wew were researching Wolf/SZ last year one of thesale people commented we could purchase a skin for our 36O/U for $1,000. We installed it inset and with custom panels.

Bookmark   November 4, 2012 at 7:05PM
GLB_Guy

Yes, you can make your 'overlay' BI-42SID/O a stainless steel door flush inset look. Please contact Sub-Zero customer service 800-222-7820 or your dealer for additional support. You can also go online to Sub-Zero's website and look at the 'panel configurator' to select the each stainless steel door look that you are after. Important - You do not need to order a replacement refrigerator if you want a flush stainless steel inset look. It is also important that your cabinets have the proper rough-in to accomodate the flush inset installation.

Good luck!

Here is a link that might be useful: Sub-Zero panel configurator

Bookmark   November 4, 2012 at 10:29PM
More Discussions
Oven size vs cabinet size
In my search for a new oven I noticed that all have...
dickross
True Refrigerator (residential)
I came across this beautiful photo of a True refrigerator...
ltislander
Please help. Oven is only turning on if I light it manually...
Hello all. I was wondering if anyone can give me an...
stef2222
Zephyr Hurricane vs Broan QP430SS
Hi everyone, I'm hoping to get some advice or stories...
brewcat
Wolf porcelain chipping on new ovens
Argggggg!!!! New wolf E series ovens, purchased and...
jackson2348
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™