Does the black porcelain also chip on the Wolf GR 304?

Avidcook9November 9, 2013

I'm thinking of buying a 30" Wolf 304 all gas range and have spent a considerable amount of time looking through many of the forums on this site. I'm concerned that I'll have the same problem with the black interior of the 304 oven. Has anyone had any similar issues or know of any issues with the black porcelain chipping as with the blue interior? I've looked at the interior of both styles and the black ones have what looks like a tray screwed onto the bottom (is this the liner some people are talking about?) There is a special offer on them (still a bit out of my price range but I like the simplicity of the appliance and the hope that it will last longer than 10 years). Thanks to all of you for posting such detailed information, it is much appreciated.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
cat_mom

We have the (slightly) older style Wolf AG range. Our oven floor was replaced a few years ago (excessive "tin canning"--flexing during oven use). It has screws like you describe, so I am guessing it can be replaced if needed.

If the porcelain is the same as ours, so far ours seems okay. Burnt on/baked in stuff that sometimes "flakes" off onto the sponge when I clean the oven (I've never been able to clean it off entirely), but it doesn't appear to be any of the porcelain itself flaking off.

Bookmark   November 9, 2013 at 1:55PM
jellytoast

I see no evidence of chipping in my oven which I bought early this year.

Bookmark   November 10, 2013 at 11:54AM
Avidcook9

Thanks for your prompt replies. Cat_mom how old was your range when you got the oven floor replaced?

Bookmark   November 10, 2013 at 10:56PM
cat_mom

3 or 4 years I think.

Bookmark   November 11, 2013 at 1:10AM
More Discussions
Wolf oven error on self clean: TCO detect as open
I've had two Wolf E series for nearly 2 years (single...
repac
Jenn Air Counter Depth Refrigerator
Hi, We will probably be getting the Jenn Air counter...
C C
Double ovens - Gaggenau, Bosch, Wolf, Miele
I do realize that there are many posts about this,...
riese1
good experience with AJ Madison
Got a really good deal on $5k worth of Bosch appliances...
logastellus
Over & Under refrigerator advice/options
I am remodeling my kitchen and planning to use separate...
uscpsycho
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™