Kirkland vs. Belgique vs. Calaphon $199.00 Each..

potpieJune 11, 2006

Macy's is advertising a Belgique 14 piece copper bottom cookware set for $199.00. Saucepans, casserole, stockpot, inserts, steamer, frying/saute pans. If purchased separtely $400, regular price is $300.00 That is the blurb under the ad in today's paper.

Costco has Circulon® heavy gauge hard anodized aluminum cookware offers excellent heat control with extraordinary performance and durability, and is twice as hard as stainless steel. The nonstick exterior provides the added ease of quick and painless cleanups. The interior has the TOTAL® nonstick system which combines a state of the art nonstick formula with our Hi-Low wave technology surface that will outlast all other nonstick guaranteed. Tempered glass lids are self clearing so you can view the cooking process without lifting the lid, and riveted cast stainless steel handles have silicone rubber grips for improved comfort. Cookware is oven safe to 400° F.

Hard anodized exterior

Heavy gauge aluminum core

Advanced nonstick exterior

Interior TOTAL® nonstick system

Patented Hi-Low wave technology

Silicone rubber and cast stainless steel handles are oven safe to 400° F

Tempered glass lids seal in nutrients and allow monitoring of the cooking process

8.5" open skillet

10" open skillet

12" open skillet

2 qt. covered saucepan

3 qt. covered saucepan

8 qt. covered stockpot

5 qt. covered sauté with helper handle

Can be used on gas, electric, halogen, and ceramic

And then, there is the Costco Kirkland set that I can get only at a Costco store, and I don't have a description, but it is to my opinion, what I was going to get. It seems comparable to All Clad to me.

So.. what is the best way for me to blow 200 dollars?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
potpie

I decided to buy the Kirkland ones. If there is any problem, Costco stands behind their stuff.

After reading about All Clad on this site, I would never waste my money on them.

Bookmark   June 15, 2006 at 8:16PM
compumom

Good move! I HATE my Circulon!!! Granted it is an older generation, but clean-up is not so easy. Lots gets stuck in those ridges!

Bookmark   June 20, 2006 at 1:21AM
motivator_usa_com

Do things never disappear from the internet? LOL I have Belgique with the copper bottom and I will never own anything else. With a chef in the family recommending them I bought them on sale at Macy's after reading online reviews. Seems you need to stay away from the 100% stainless Belgique with NO copper bottoms, as they all had "food sticks" reviews. The copper bottom set had fantastic reviews and I added my 5 star review as well.

Bookmark   May 7, 2011 at 12:43PM
More Discussions
New Viking Cookware
Has anyone tried the new Viking Cookware now being...
katespak
Nu Wave Oven
Has anyone bought this? Is it worth the cost? It is...
marie26
Favorite tea kettle for induction?
Waiting patiently for my induction cooktop to be installed....
txjoyce
Pasta rolling pin aka mattarello
I'm planning on purchasing a mattarello or pasta rolling...
miscel
Need a double boiler for induction cooktop
I need a 3 piece set: the bottom pan (induction ready),...
creativ3girl
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™