WANTED: Hand-Delivered by Lee!

Gina_WOctober 21, 2006

During our get-together Thursday in Los Angeles, Lee announced she was my swap partner! My first hand-delivered swap package! What a nice surprise. It was such a pleasure meeting Lee and Charlotte. I hope we can get together again next time you gals are in town.

Lee gave me a wonderful cookbook:

a stunning iridescent painted plate:

and a silk scarf hand-painted by Charlotte. Here's everything:

and to show Lee how spot-on she was selecting the scarf, here's a handful of my silk scarf collection, which she couldn't have possibly known about. Serendipity strikes again.

Lee also bought a bottle of Colorado wine and a neat gadget - a stainless steel adjustable wine cork, for everyone at our dinner.

Thank you Lee for the wonderful gifts!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Bizzo

WOW!!! How fun to get your swap in person, And what a wonderful collecion. I LOVE everything in it. i've been trying to cook healthier and the cookbook looks awesome! The blues in th plate are divine, and I love the scarf. In fact I have a sik dress it would look great with, woul dyou consider lending it out???

Lee, you did a great job!!

Bookmark   October 21, 2006 at 3:33PM
Carol Schmertzler Siegel

The plate is beautiful, I love it! The scarf is gorgeous! What terrific gifts and even better when it's delivered in person! Way to go, Lee! Enjoy your gifts, Gina! That's a fabulous package!

Bookmark   October 21, 2006 at 3:47PM
goldgirl

All the items are wonderful, but that plate is to die for. Not, wait, the scarf is even better - that would be fabulous with dressy clothes or with jeans! And a no-guilt cookbook - how cool is that?

You did a great job Lee. Gina, enjoy :)

Bookmark   October 21, 2006 at 3:53PM
triciae

How fun to be able to deliver in person...

I love scarves. I think they look stunning. I've never been able to tie them right so I don't wear them but always admire women who do. I even bought one of those ring things that you're supposed to just slide the scarf through...couldn't get that right either. So, I'm envious of you and your Beautiful, new, handpainted, SILK scarf! Lucky lady, you are Gina...

That plate is also stunning. Is it glass? Earthenware of some sort? Absolutely stunning....love it!

The cookbook is something I should look for. I need to pay more attention to healthy eating. I'm looking forward to hearing what you've tried from the book.

Nice going, Charlotte (love your name!).

Tricia

Bookmark   October 21, 2006 at 4:38PM
homesforsale

That cookbook..what a gem! Jacques'(both) smiling faces would have lured me instantly!2 of my all time favorites indeed.

And the art..both the plate and the scarf.. Bravo!
Gina...the second left scarf of yours(I think) is a gardener's dream scarf:)

Bookmark   October 21, 2006 at 5:56PM
kent4489

Gina, really, really nice gifts! I especially love that plate.
Lee, what a fabulous selection...and fun to deliver in person!

Jayne

Bookmark   October 21, 2006 at 7:18PM
dedtired

Your jaw must have dropped when Lee announced that she is your swap partner. What fun. The cookbook looks amazing, I love the scarf and the plate is quite unique -- so pretty.

Nice going, girls!

Pam

Bookmark   October 21, 2006 at 7:30PM
annie1992

Oh wow, I just love that plate, and the scarf is beautiful too.

Healthy cooking? Something I ought to do more of too, I suppose.

Enjoy it all Gina, Lee sure did a good job on this swap!

Annie

Bookmark   October 21, 2006 at 7:43PM
teresa_nc7

Lee, absolutely fabulous choices for Gina! And delivered in person, too? Too over the top! Enjoy everything, Gina.

Teresa

Bookmark   October 21, 2006 at 7:51PM
sally2_gw

Did somebody already say Bravo!? Well, I second it. A hand painted silk scarf, how creative and talented. That plate is beautiful, and the book looks good, too. I love Jaques Pepin, too. I'm not familiar with the other chefs but I bet that's a good book. I'm looking forward to seeing some of the recipes posted here.

Sally

Bookmark   October 21, 2006 at 8:07PM
shaun

Amazing gifts. Just amazing.

Wonderful ideas Lee! Gina, I know you'll enjoy it all.

Bookmark   October 21, 2006 at 8:15PM
riverrat1

Oh Lee, how perfect for Gina! Great job!

Gina, enjoy your swap items. The scarf is going to be beautiful on you.

Bookmark   October 21, 2006 at 8:41PM
brenda55

That is an awesome plate and beautiful scarf. How wonderful, Gina! I bet the cookbook is fabulous, also! Terrific swap delivery, Lee!

Bookmark   October 21, 2006 at 9:27PM
robinkateb

Lee that is a wonderful swap package. The hand-painted scarf is beautiful, I am also impressed at a lifestyle without kids where a scarf like that makes sense. LOL. It really is amazing how well the scarf suits Gina. The cookbook looks great as well, I keep thinking I should learn more about French cooking. The plate will be just right in Gina's new kitchen.

-Robin

Bookmark   October 21, 2006 at 9:33PM
craftyrn

That plate's a beauty -- and lucky you --a hand painted scarf-- cookbook looks interesting--

Bookmark   October 21, 2006 at 9:36PM
maggie2094

Wow. Four world class chefs in one book and healthy, too! I have to add that to "my list".

The plate is stunning and goes perfectly with your granite. I'm speechless. The scarf is just lovely.

Bookmark   October 21, 2006 at 9:44PM
msrevise

What beautiful plate and lovely handmade scarf, love the colors--how special! The cookbook looks fantastic, please share a recipe! gina, what a great set of items, and delivered in person, too. Enjoy!

Bookmark   October 21, 2006 at 11:59PM
weed30

How great to get your package in person! And what fabulous choices by Lee. The dish really is perfect with your granite!

Bookmark   October 22, 2006 at 12:00AM
ann_t

Oh Lee, what a beautiful swap box you put together for Gina. And to be able to deliver it in person makes it that much more special. That plate is spectacular and must look amazing in Gina's new kitchen.

Enjoy Gina.

Ann

Bookmark   October 22, 2006 at 12:25AM
traceys

OMG what a package Lee. It's really nice you were able to deliver it yourself. The scarf is so beautiful as is the plate.

Enjoy Gina!!

Tracey

Bookmark   October 22, 2006 at 8:34AM
colo_lady

Wow! Was this the very first ever hand delivered swap? How cool is that!

Well, now I just KNOW that was supposed to have been mine. How did the names get all mixed up like that?

I wear scarves! I NEED that scarf! It's GORGEOUS! And that cookbook is just what my collection needs! I have a very old Jacques Pepin cookbook called Simple and Healthy Cooking (circa 1994!) so you can see that it would be PERFECT for ME!

And that PLATE...! It takes my breath away!

Waaaa! What happened! That was all supposed to have been MINE!!

Bookmark   October 22, 2006 at 12:02PM
compumom

Now, now, stop whining, your time will come...

Gina you really scored! Are you sure Lee didn't say that package was for me? LOL! I love that plate, the book is awesome and the scarf would be perfect for my collection

Lee you did great and I know Gina loves it all. Good work!

Bookmark   October 22, 2006 at 12:51PM
chase_gw

Gina that scarf is you, it's really you! So is the dish , so is the cookbook! Great job Lee, just so Ginacentric!

The best part is that it was delivered in person, I just think that is so special , I'm jealous.

Bookmark   October 22, 2006 at 2:35PM
sheshebop

The scarf is stunning! I love that plate also. Looks like you got a wonderful package, Gina. Nice job, Lee.

Bookmark   October 22, 2006 at 2:36PM
Gina_W

The plate is translucent blue glass. I haven't had time to peruse the cookbook yet but I will later today.

Nyah-nyah, Marcia - just wait your turn girl! Actually there's been at least one other hand-delivered swap package - I don't remember which.

Bookmark   October 22, 2006 at 3:18PM
terri_pacnw

Wow those look like perfect things.

Bookmark   October 22, 2006 at 4:53PM
ziporion

What an excellent swap package Gina! Healthy French cooking sounds very appealing, I do think I'd be happy to get any cookbook on French cooking! That plate is fantastic! And the scarves match your own colours well.

Nice job Lee... really liked the personal touch of hand delivering!

Catherine

Bookmark   October 22, 2006 at 6:04PM
lakeguy35

Too cool that you had a surprise at the LA gathering Gina! I really like that plate and how cool is that scarf?! The cookbook is a perfect fit and I'm sure you will enjoy it. Great package Lee!!

That is some collection of scarves for someone who doesn't like the mall....LOL!

David

Bookmark   October 23, 2006 at 12:52AM
finally

Did ann_t know you had a visit planned? How fun to get an in-person surprise! Both the scarf and the plate are absolutely beautiful. Great job Lee!

Gina, your granite has such bright blue inclusions--is it Blue-Eyes? (Trying to remember from my granite-angst days...)

Bookmark   October 23, 2006 at 3:29AM
debbie814

Gina, what a special swap package that you will always treasure. Especially since you were able to receive it in person from Lee. Enjoy!

Bookmark   October 23, 2006 at 6:24AM
stacy3

Ann, you are right, I had forgotten about the photos of Gina's new kitchen, and how gorgeous that plate is going to look in there!!!!!

Lee - outstanding job choosing personal things just for Gina.

Stacy

Bookmark   October 23, 2006 at 9:06AM
lowspark

Wow, Lee! Looks like you hit the nail on the head for Gina! The scarf is so pretty, the plate is perfect and I'm sure the cookbook will be put to good use. Best part is delivering it in person. Hmmmmm.... wonder if I could swing a trip to.... well, I won't say.

Bookmark   October 23, 2006 at 1:08PM
alison

What style! All of the items have a certain je ne sais quoi!

The plate is spectacular, and the scarf seems very understated and elegant. And the cookbook -- what's not to like?

Being able to hand-deliver it makes it all even better! Nice job, Lee; I know you'll enjoy all the items, Gina!

Bookmark   October 23, 2006 at 2:56PM
dlundin

I was the other hand delivered package! By Lori when I went to Connecticut. There might have also been someone else.

Anyway, I was present at the exchange and all of Gina's gifts from Lee were even more marvelous in person! Lucky Gina, generous Lee!

Bookmark   October 23, 2006 at 3:01PM
Gina_W

I think there was an in-person swap moment at the last canny camp too. Finally, yes, that's blue eyes - those blue inclusions look like iridescent gemstones.

David - I'm getting you for that - somehow! Some of my scarves are over 20 years old (Gee I must've been 3 years old when I started getting them, nyuk, nyuk...)

Bookmark   October 23, 2006 at 3:50PM
andi_2006

Lee, I love the "personalized delivery"! That gorgeous glass plate will be perfect in Gina's kitchen (your granite is spectacular!) and the hand-painted scarf is beautiful! The cookbook....I ordered one today for moi. French-Healthy has got to be good! (reading these posts is dangerous!) Gina, enjoy!

Bookmark   October 23, 2006 at 4:32PM
chancesmom

The colours in that plate and the scarf are really brilliant, very beautiful. And that has got to be the ultimate, to give and receive in person!

Enjoy it all Gina, good job Lee.

janet

Bookmark   October 23, 2006 at 7:56PM
lsr2002

I'm back home and having a great time catching up on the exchange threads.

I loved having Gina as my partner and loved being able to deliver her gifts in person. This was our last business trip of the year and it was really fun to have dinner out with so many of the LA group. Charlotte and I have painted silk and cut and sewn dresses and accessories for many years. It was great that she painted the scarf and was at dinner too. I had some help with color consultation from Jessy and I thought the dark red was a perfect understated color for Gina and since she had posted pictures of her kitchen I was sure the blue glass would blend in. I'm glad you like them too Gina.

It was so much fun - I wish everyone could deliver swap packages in person.

Lee

Bookmark   October 24, 2006 at 11:32PM
granjan

A swap in person has to be the best! And your gifts are lovely.

Bookmark   October 25, 2006 at 11:53AM
doucanoe

Yikes! How did I miss this thread??

What a fun surprise to get your swap delivered in person, and to top it off such fabulous gifts!

That plate is gorgeous....I am off to the kiln to experiment! LOL

Linda

Bookmark   October 25, 2006 at 1:03PM
jessyf

Well I must say that I can personally attest that the plate looks awesome in Gina's kitchen. That scarf would look better on me Gina, hand it over. You can hang onto the cookbook - I think your DH would like it. Bwhahaha! Nice, no, FAB selections!

Bookmark   October 26, 2006 at 7:21AM
publickman

I love love love the plate - I especially like square plates! I might even wear the scarf, and I think the cookbook sound great! The third chef looks like Jacques Pépin, but I don't recognize the others.

Lars (trying to catch up, slowly)

Bookmark   October 26, 2006 at 4:32PM
Virginia7074

This one slipped by me somehow. The plate and the scarf are beautiful. Very thoughtful selections. I'm really curious about the cookbook, too. I love Jacques Pepin.

Bookmark   October 28, 2006 at 8:50PM
momto4kids

Getting your gift in person is a gift in itself! How wonderful! I think that scarf is stunning...wow! I'd love to check out that cookbook. I'll be looking forward to your future postings! The painted plate is pretty! Nice color! Enjoy Gina!

Great job Lee!!

Bookmark   October 29, 2006 at 5:31AM
trixietx

The plate and scarf are so pretty and unusual and how nice to be delivered in person.

Lee, what a special and thoughtful package!

Bookmark   October 29, 2006 at 8:35AM
blueiris24

How great to receive your swap package in person! I haven't see that cookbook, it looks amazing, as does the rest of your package. Great job!

Bookmark   October 30, 2006 at 10:57PM
More Discussions
OT - spoon basket
So I am having some work done on my 'kitchen'. The...
agmss15
More Sourdough Discard & Baker's Kaffeeklatsch
We left off at Troisième I haven't had time and...
plllog
What kind of bread to bake to make breadcrumbs?
I'm making up some Italian bread dough to retard in...
beesneeds
Food for sore mouths..
I just had a tooth extracted - and I have a very sore...
agmss15
Need help making changes in this recipe
I've been a long time lurker, posted few times, and...
littleonefb
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™