Vintage roasters?

ccintxJune 4, 2013

I think the vintage roasters are so cute. If you have one, what brand do you have and are you pleased with it? I'm looking for one to roast a turkey.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
aquilachrysaetos

I have an old Guardian turkey roaster. I have used it for years. It's huge and wide so I use it to make stews or other large meals big enough to feed an army.

I used to do my turkeys in it but last year I brined my turkey and used a v rack. It came out better than using a roaster. I still use the roaster for epic amounts of pot roast.

I also have a SilverSeal chicken roaster I use like a dutch oven.

They're' neat old pans.

Bookmark   August 8, 2013 at 10:06PM
bleusblue

If I had a vintage roaster I would have the perfect dutch oven. I find that they are all too heavy for me to handle once the food is in -- think le creuset or even cast iron. My Mother also had guardian pots and pans. She also had a big roaster, probably aluminum, that she used on the stove top. Naturally, for a family of six it was not too big. Anyway, where can I get a heavy enough pot that wont be too heavy?

Bookmark   August 28, 2013 at 5:15PM
ccintx

I did find an excellent one on Ebay. It's a LISK roaster. The top dips in the middle so the condensation makes the turkey really moist. That was my first turkey to bake ever, and it turned out excellent. I also bought another smaller one at a thrift store. It is one of the older blue enameled roasters that has a lid that dips in the middle. So far, everything I have baked in it has turned out perfectly.
The Lisk roaster looks like this

Here is a link that might be useful: Lisk roaster

Bookmark   August 29, 2013 at 11:18AM
More Discussions
Need a double boiler for induction cooktop
I need a 3 piece set: the bottom pan (induction ready),...
creativ3girl
induction stove power boost function
Have a set of Zwilling cookware and their brochure...
metaphilos
Kitchen Selective food slicer
Would anyone know of source for parts for Kitchen Selective...
debby_1
induction questions: heat distribution vs. pan size, moisture
I bought a single-burner induction hotplate to try...
meeotch
Best stockpot recommendations?
I've been slowly upgrading my cookware (Demeyere, Le...
Gooster
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™