Staub and dishwasher issue

kitchendetectiveMay 10, 2014

Staub cookware is billed as being dishwasher safe. I put a small Basil pot and lid in the dishwasher last night, and today the glaze appears cloudy. When wet, it looks normal, but when the water is wiped off, it appears to have white splotches, instead of the deep, majolica-like green. Anyone have any experience with this? The detergent was a Finish Quantum tab, on the delicate setting, in a Bosch dishwasher.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sushipup1

Give it a wash with white vinegar and see how it looks dry. If you have hard water, it could be a lime deposit. The vinegar will take care of that.

Bookmark   May 11, 2014 at 12:52AM
kitchendetective

Thanks for responding. We have a whole house water softener and the water does not seem to have been the problem. I contacted Staub; they said to use Barkeepers Friend, but that did not help either. They said that their cookware is dishwasher safe, but they recommend hand washing. I am not sure what that means.

Bookmark   May 13, 2014 at 3:14PM
sushipup1

Darned. Both the vinegar and the BKF are mildly acidic, so if the haze is a deposit, you should notice some difference. But if you still see it, then it might be damaged. Does Staub have a guarantee?

Bookmark   May 14, 2014 at 12:16AM
kitchendetective

I wrote to them and they do have a guarantee. They have asked me to send them the pot. We shall see. . .

Bookmark   May 14, 2014 at 2:52PM
kitchendetective

Just to update, I received a replacement pot from Staub today--in the original color!

Bookmark   June 11, 2014 at 7:10PM
More Discussions
Mauviel m'150s and m'250c
I'm looking at some pans in these two lines -- I understand...
Gooster
Any information on Evaco/Cast?
Just saw this in a kitchen store...latest non-stick...
rogerv_gw
Help with a Farberware MicroBrew
I need some help figuring out how to use a Farberware...
ritaotay
Is there lead in this antique brass pitcher?
Hello, I have a fondness for antique metal cookware...
bradleyd_svh
Favorite tea kettle for induction?
Waiting patiently for my induction cooktop to be installed....
txjoyce
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™