Just In Time!

wizardnmOctober 19, 2006

The suitcases are in the car, we are ready to take off for a week and just as I was gathering up last minute things, the mail person pulled into the driveway. Fifteen minutes later and we would have been gone..... The computer was shut down and disconnected from the cable....

My swap package from Tricia is here!

The first thing I opened, is a cookbook titled "Saltwater Foodways" by Sandy Oliver, pub. by Mystic Seaport Museum. I cracked open the cover far enough to see that is even autographed, I'll be reading this in the car! Tricia mentioned in her note that it is more history of recipes than recipes....I'm going to love it!

It was wrapped up in a Mystic Pizza T-Shirt!

My 'Handmade' present is from Bennington Pottery. It is a set of two covered bowls on a matching platter. It's just gorgeous and fits my colors and look perfect! I will really, really enjoy using it.

In Tricia's note she said that I should be expecting my local present to arrive on Halloween, since I'm on vacation and need to be home for sure when it arrives....I can hardly wait.

Tricia, I hope you were able to take a picture of the beautiful pottery and the book. I am so glad I was still here to recieve this box...Thank You soooo very much!

I'll try to get to another computer while on vaca, but it probably won't be until tomorrow night.

Nancy

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ziporion

What a great send off to your vacation, and the added bonus of a cookbook to read en route! And a nice comfy t-shirt to wear is an added bonus!

Catherine

Bookmark   October 19, 2006 at 1:10PM
dedtired

How ingenious to wrap a gift in a t-shirt and what a good way to sneak in an extra gift.

I was at Mystic Seaport a few weeks ago and had a great time in the gift shop. What a perfect place to shop for "local." The cookbook sounds ideal

Can't wait for the pix.

Pam

Bookmark   October 19, 2006 at 1:14PM
chase_gw

How wonderful a package before you go on vacation and another when you return! Can't wait to see the pottery.

Have a great vacation, travel well and travel safe.

Bookmark   October 19, 2006 at 1:40PM
doucanoe

Wow, talk about perfect timing! I can't wait to see the pictures, I love pottery! And some interesting reading amterial for the trip to boot! Awesome!

And the suspense mounts for the Halloween delivery....

Linda

Bookmark   October 19, 2006 at 2:04PM
shaun

Wow that *was* perfect timing!!!! Great gifts!
Enjoy your vacation Nancy, can't wait to see what comes in the Halloween delivery!

Bookmark   October 19, 2006 at 2:06PM
goldgirl

I love the t-shirt wrapping - how clever! Can't wait to see photos!!!

Bookmark   October 19, 2006 at 4:24PM
robinkateb

Sounds like a wonderful start with the suspense of what will come next. great job Tricia. nancy enjoy your goodies and your vacation.

Robin

Bookmark   October 19, 2006 at 4:30PM
ann_t

Wow, Tricia's timing couldn't have been better.

Tricia sent me the photos to post.

Beautifullly wrapped

The pottery is lovely. And you have to look closely because the set is almost the exact colour of Tricia's beautiful antique cupboard.

And Nancy how nice that you will have something else to look forward to after you return from your vacation.

Hope you and Kim have a wonderful relaxing time together.

Ann

Bookmark   October 19, 2006 at 4:31PM
triciae

Whew, big sigh...

I've been on pins & needles all day hoping, hoping, hoping the mailman wouldn't get stuck in his route...

Nancy, you are a difficult women to tie down! Were it not for Ann, I'd of been in trouble for sure...

Tricia

Bookmark   October 19, 2006 at 4:46PM
homesforsale

You are right! The bowls are perfect for your home:) I like the Tshirt wrapping also:)

Bookmark   October 19, 2006 at 5:36PM
Carol Schmertzler Siegel

The pottery is beautiful! Great timing, and really nice going, Tricia! What a great package! Enjoy it all, Nancy! Have a safe trip!

Bookmark   October 19, 2006 at 5:45PM
teresa_nc7

What a nice package, Tricia! Love the bowls and I know Nancy is glad to have a new cookbook to read in the car.

Have a safe, enjoyable trip, Nancy and Kim!
Teresa

Bookmark   October 19, 2006 at 5:54PM
Bizzo

Wow, Tricia, you rock! I've seen that Saltwater Foodways book in the gift shop and it looks great. I did a bunch of my last swap shopping in the Seaport Giftshop! That pottery is indeed beautiful! I can't wait to hear/see the "local."

Good job, and great timing for Nancy!

Bookmark   October 19, 2006 at 5:55PM
sheshebop

I am glad you got your package before you left, Nancy. And the pottery is perfect for you since you have such an eclectic collection of it. Nice job, Tricia. Can't wait to see the Halloween package!

Bookmark   October 19, 2006 at 6:03PM
chancesmom

Isn't the timing with these swaps amazing, now you have something to read while away Nancy! That pottery set is really nice and I can think of a lots of uses for the pieces! Nice gifts Tricia....and still more on the way.

Have a nice vacation Nancy, thanks for bringing us up do date on your way out of town!

janet

Bookmark   October 19, 2006 at 6:22PM
terri_pacnw

Wow..love that pottery!
Gorgeous!

Bookmark   October 19, 2006 at 6:46PM
lori316

You couldn't have timed it more perfect, Tricia. You're making me want to take a drive to Mystic! Very creative wraping.

Great package. I especially love the bowls.

Have a safe trip, Nancy & Kim!

Bookmark   October 19, 2006 at 6:58PM
Gina_W

That T-shirt was sneaky (and clever!)

Bookmark   October 19, 2006 at 7:05PM
debbie814

Nancy, I am as excited as you are about the gift you will receive on Halloween. The pottery is just beautiful, and I'm sure you will love reading the cookbook. Enjoy your trip.

Bookmark   October 19, 2006 at 7:24PM
kent4489

Nancy, I love those gifts! Great timing too. Have a great vacation!
Tricia, Great job!

Jayne

Bookmark   October 19, 2006 at 7:30PM
maggie2094

What beautiful pottery. Great choices, Tricia...ooohhh and there is more? How fun for you, Nancy!

Bookmark   October 19, 2006 at 8:10PM
sally2_gw

What beautiful pottery, and how nice to have a good cookbook to read while traveling. Such creative giftwrap, too. I never would have thought of wrapping a give in a t-shirt. Great idea.

Sally

Bookmark   October 19, 2006 at 8:47PM
lynnalexandra

Holy, Moly! What great gifts. An autographed cookbook. Wonderful pottery. And you were so craft - sneaking in extras by wrapping in a tee-shirt and getting a pottery set with 3 pieces. And one more to come. Very clever! And, Nancy, how fortunate for you. Enjoy them and enjoy your vacation.

Lynn.

Bookmark   October 19, 2006 at 10:20PM
craftyrn

Beautiful pottery ! And that sounds like a fun cookbook-- should be interesting reading .

Very nice choices Tricia --

Have a pleasant trip Nancy & Kim.

Bookmark   October 19, 2006 at 10:41PM
colo_lady

Serendipitous, for sure, for you to still be there as the package is delivered! But I'm certain that package was left at the wrong house. So, Nancy, now I have to wait for you to return before you can get them to me? The bowls match my house perfectly - Tricia, how DID you know? And the cookbook and shirt are also unique and wonderful. How thoughtful! Now how do we fix this and get those things to Colorado...? (mine, mine, mine...!)

Bookmark   October 20, 2006 at 12:44AM
netla

The pottery jars are lovely and the cookbook sounds interesting.

Bookmark   October 20, 2006 at 4:50AM
traceys

I love pottery and wouldn't mind having that at my house. I'm glad you didn't miss the mailman Nancy. I hope you have a nice vacation. It's nice that you have something to look forward to when you return.

Tricia, You are sneaky wrapping in a shirt:-) You put together a great package. I can't wait for the rest.

Tracey

Bookmark   October 20, 2006 at 2:12PM
dgkritch

Wow! Gorgeous!

(and for me, that's pretty speechless!)

The pottery bowls almost look like wood. Yeah, they'd fit right in at my house too! (grin).
Deanna

Bookmark   October 20, 2006 at 2:53PM
annie1992

Nancy, that pottery is just right for your house, I can easily see you using them for dips or condiments, maybe sour cream and cheese for chili or salsa and guacamole for chips.

Plus a new book to read enroute, the timing is perfect.

Enjoy your package and travel safely, both you and Kim.

Annie

Bookmark   October 20, 2006 at 3:02PM
jessyf

Well, it had to happen sooner or later (more than three tings, LOL) but wow, what a package! Can't wait to see the Halloween one...or should I hide?

Nice loot, Tricia!

Bookmark   October 20, 2006 at 6:23PM
catlover

I love those pottery colors. I am waiting to hear a cookbook review! What great timing. Adele

Bookmark   October 20, 2006 at 6:31PM
dlundin

Nice catch! Hope you have a great vacation, Nancy, and catch up on reading your new cookbook. Great package, Tricia.

Bookmark   October 20, 2006 at 7:10PM
weed30

Lovely bowls and lucky you to have another goodie coming! An autographed cookbook? Very cool. Nice job, Tricia.

Bookmark   October 21, 2006 at 9:39AM
triciae

Weeelllll, guess I was sneaky with the T-shirt. But, my nickname is "Triple T" (which stands for Terrible Trouble Tricia!) lol I'm quiet, shy, and nobody ever knows exactly what I'll do next...and trouble just seems to follow me.

Got tell something about that tee. I have a choice of Mystic Pizza tees. The one I finally decided on to wrap Nancy's present and then...the one I really wanted to get but was too chicken.

Mystic Pizza has two mottos...one for the tourists and one for the locals. I got Nancy the tourist version...it says, "A Little Slice of Heaven, Mystic Pizza". The local tee says, "Have You Had A Hot Piece Recently? Mystic Pizza"

You have to ask for the latter and they have to know you...otherwise, they say, "Sorry, this is a family restaurant!" :)

Since this was my first swap, I decided I'd better be a good girl. :(

Tricia

Bookmark   October 21, 2006 at 10:08AM
wizardnm

I have just a quick moment, we are in Mt Vernon Ohioand meeting friends for lunch.

Tricia, the 'Hot Piece" T-Shirt would have worked also. no doubt about it!

Again, I really love the pottery and while I've not much time to get into the cookbook yet, I did bring it with me and am anxious to start reading.

Nancy

Bookmark   October 21, 2006 at 11:03AM
granjan

I'm discovering way too many interesting cookbooks with this swap. What a great cover! And the pottery is lovely.

Bookmark   October 21, 2006 at 11:56AM
lakeguy35

Very nice package you have there Nancy! I really like that pottery too, it would look great in my place. LOL Way to go Tricia..... and there's more to come?! Y'all enjoy the rest of your vacation!

David

Bookmark   October 21, 2006 at 12:58PM
brenda55

I love that pottery. The cookbook with history has to be a winner, too. Hope you are enjoying your vacation, Nice, very nice, Tricia.

Bookmark   October 21, 2006 at 9:50PM
Virginia7074

Great package, Tricia. The pottery is lovely and the cookbook looks like it'll be fun read, with good recipes, too. Enjoy it, Nancy. (And now I'm wondering why I never seem to think of novel wrapping ideas like that cute t-shirt??)

Bookmark   October 21, 2006 at 10:58PM
msrevise

I love those pottery jars, and what an interesting cookbook--can't wait to hear more about it! Love the idea of a T-shirt as gift wrap--that was sneaky... Great selections, tricia!

Bookmark   October 21, 2006 at 11:57PM
finally

LOL on the local T-Shirt Tricia. DH would love it. The pottery is very lovely and look like it fits in perfectly in its new home. What a fun cookbook too. The history behind the food is often as fun as the food is. Enjoy Nancy, and have a safe trip.

Bookmark   October 23, 2006 at 3:53AM
stacy3

oooh boy - I love love that pottery!

And the book is autographed!! wow!

I can't wait to see what the last thing is!!!!!!

Great job, Tricia!

Stacy

Bookmark   October 23, 2006 at 9:14AM
andi_2006

Very nice package and clever "wrapping", Tricia! I love those bowls!! The cookbook looks very interesting. Nancy, I can't wait to hear about #3!!! Hope you are having a fantastic vaca.

Bookmark   October 23, 2006 at 9:36AM
lsr2002

How perfect to receive your package just as you were leaving. The pottery is lovely and the book looks intriguing. If anyone deserves "A Little Slice of Heaven", you do Nancy. Hope you and Kim have a great vacation.

Lee

Bookmark   October 24, 2006 at 9:59PM
lindainct

The pottery bowls and tray are lovely and look perfect in your home, the cookbook a great read AND you get to enjoy the anticipation of one more package. Lucky you.
Linda

Bookmark   October 25, 2006 at 12:58AM
riverrat1

Oh oh oh, this is a nice package. The pottery fits in perfectly!

Great job!

Bookmark   October 25, 2006 at 3:57PM
publickman

I love the covered bowls - unfortunately, I don't have any:(. I'm always improvising covers for bowl to keep things hot, and I would love to have matching covers that fit! It looks like the colors are perfect.

Hope we get to see a pic of you in the T-shirt! The book sounds like good reading also.

Great selections!

Lars

Bookmark   October 27, 2006 at 2:25PM
momto4kids

Great pottery. I love the tee shirt as wrapping paper! I like to read cookbooks like regular books, so yours sounds like a good read! And there's more to come? Wow!

Great job Tricia!

Bookmark   October 28, 2006 at 10:22PM
trixietx

The pottery bowls are beautiful and just the right size to get lots of use. Share some recipes from the cookbook!

Can't wait to see you Halloween surprise! How exciting.

Bookmark   October 29, 2006 at 8:23AM
blueiris24

Love the t shirt idea -- the package is really nice. Enjoy!

Bookmark   October 30, 2006 at 10:52PM
More Discussions
Need T&T recipe for Parmesan Broth
Anyone have a tried and true recipe for Parmesan broth?...
bbstx
What's Your Favorite Meal? To cook, to eat, to repeat...
Celebrate the continuation of the forum, and tell me...
plllog
It just dawned on me.....
that there's no Recipe Exchange forum anymore under...
Jasdip
Why can't they leave things alone?
I really don't have the time nor the energy to learn...
doucanoe
Waterlogue app
Photo of vegetables for tonight's dinner run through...
bbstx
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™