Magic Mill mixer vs Bosch . . .

paperdeskMay 12, 2009

Hello Everyone. I have a problem. My Magic Mill hates me. Maybe it heard I grew up making bread with a Bosch, because it turns out absolutely horrible bread! I can make beautiful light yummy bread every time with the Bosch, but the MM makes heavy bricks. I've tried using both the roller and the dough hooks. Could it be my recipe? I don't currently have a Bosch, but was given a MM. I thought it was a wonderful gift, but for some reason the mixer just isn't cutting it. I thought it was maybe my ingredients or something, so I borrowed a friend's Bosch and used the same ingredients and the bread turned out perfectly.

I'm considering buying a Bosch, but hate to give up on such a highly rated machine that obviously works for others.

I'm making a simple WW bread recipe. Mostly WW a little white, salt, yeast, sweetener, oil and a few other things.

Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you!

Ted

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bryansda

You may want to post this on the cooking forum. There are a lot of bread bakers and Bosch and Magic Mill users over there too.

Pam

Bookmark   May 12, 2009 at 11:12PM
paperdesk

Thanks for the tip Pam. I'll give that a try.

Bookmark   May 12, 2009 at 11:40PM
homepro01

Also do a search on thefreshloaf.com (a few people on the cooking forum also post there). I was recently reading a thread on that forum about the Magic mill and how people usually hate it first. If you decide that you truly don't like the machine, return or sell it and get the Bosch concept machines. Both are excellent and capable machines!!

Good luck!

Here is a link that might be useful: The Fresh Loaf Forum

Bookmark   May 13, 2009 at 11:44AM
ann_t

Interesting. I have a Magic Mill that I bought back in the mid 90's and it is still going strong. I turn out some darn good bread if I do say so myself. It is especially wonderful at kneading a wet dough. Not sure what you are doing wrong , but it shouldn't matter what bread recipe you are using. This machine is a real work horse.

Ann

Bookmark   May 16, 2009 at 10:39AM
More Discussions
stainless flatware
does anyone have reed and barton allora flatware? i...
JoPierson
Help with a Farberware MicroBrew
I need some help figuring out how to use a Farberware...
ritaotay
Pasta rolling pin aka mattarello
I'm planning on purchasing a mattarello or pasta rolling...
miscel
Need a double boiler for induction cooktop
I need a 3 piece set: the bottom pan (induction ready),...
creativ3girl
Wagners 1891 Dutch Oven
I have a couple of questions about a 5 qt Wagners 1891...
jpc57
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™