Wolfgang Puck cookware?

maggie2094May 15, 2005

I was at BJ's club today and saw Wolfgang's 16 piece SS set (I think tri-ply) for $99. I almost fainted. Seem like good heavy pans - like the fact that the set also includes a non-stick omelet pan. I also noticed the handles were "hollow"....does this help them stay cool? Didn't see any info on the box. I want to run back and buy them but afraid too good to be true!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

You're correct about the hollow handles. I believe the Wolfgang Puck set has disk bottoms vs. cladding throughout. Sam's Club has a tri-ply all clad set, which is comparable to All Clad, for under $130.00. The difference is in the construction. The Sam's/Member's Mark is composed of two layers of stainless steel with an aluminum core throughout. The BJ's/Wolfgang Puck has a triple ply disk on the bottom of the pans. Considering you're purchasing a set, rather than individual pieces, I would suggest taking a look at the Member's Mark. The construction (IMHO) is superior. I have supplied a link to the Sam's Club.

Here is a link that might be useful: Member's Mark cookware

    Bookmark   May 16, 2005 at 8:35AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

I have a Wolfgang Puck saute pan with the hollow handle. Got it at TJM.

The handle definitely gets hot on a gas stove. I have to remember to use a pot holder when using this pan. It will burn your hand.

    Bookmark   May 16, 2005 at 10:13AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Thanks. Darn, I don't have a Sam's Club in my area.

    Bookmark   May 16, 2005 at 1:07PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Maggie, where in NY are you located? I have linked a Sam's Club location finder for you. You have the option of looking up to 100 miles from your area by using your zip code.

Here is a link that might be useful: Sam's Club locater

    Bookmark   May 16, 2005 at 3:21PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
tea kettles
Hi - does anyone know of a whistling tea kettle that...
tin lined copper saute pan
I bought a large saute pan at a flea market a while...
Need a double boiler for induction cooktop
I need a 3 piece set: the bottom pan (induction ready),...
glass top range / pots leave marks?
I have a new Kenmore Elite glass top range. The cooktop...
Mauviel m'150s and m'250c
I'm looking at some pans in these two lines -- I understand...
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™