Has anyone used Sur La Table Cookware?

slaingMay 8, 2005

I am looking into buying new cookware. I am being told about getting Sur La Table 18/10 stainless steel cookware. Has anyone used this cookware? I have my mind to get All-Clad stainless steel cookware.

cheers

Stuart

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Melic

and the size and functionality are great - except that, as you can see from the picture in the link below, the center of the pan is raised - or, more precisely, there's a well of sorts around the perimeter on the bottom of the pan.

That's a nice feature for roasting, but I recently replaced my older electric-coil stove with a ceramic top model, and ceramic tops require that pans used on them have flat bottoms.

The reason I bought the little roasting pan (aside from its convenient size, still a plus) was for the tri-ply construction's superior functionality when deglazing the pan on top of the stove. Now that I have the ceramic top, I can't effectively use the pan to deglaze anymore, since the majority of the surface of the pan does not make contact with the surface/sensors of the cooktop.

Haven't tried the cookware. And, as people have pointed out countless times, if you want All-Clad, try cookwarenmore.com and go for the factory seconds. Most of my All-Clad comes from there (all of it since I discovered the site :) ) and the blemishes are so teeny and non-functional that I can certainly live with 1/3 to 1/2 off for a wee scratch on a handle. :)

Good luck.

Here is a link that might be useful: Sur La Table Cookware roasting pan

Bookmark   May 27, 2005 at 11:04AM
More Discussions
Help with a Farberware MicroBrew
I need some help figuring out how to use a Farberware...
ritaotay
induction questions: heat distribution vs. pan size, moisture
I bought a single-burner induction hotplate to try...
meeotch
New Viking Cookware
Has anyone tried the new Viking Cookware now being...
katespak
Best cookware for induction?
After LIVING on the kitchen site for the last few months,...
dccnm
Need advice on a soup pot
hi, I haven't bought cookware in years, so don't know...
ellenr22 - NJ - Zone 6b/7a
Sponsored Products
Safavieh Deco Black Leather Seat Stainless Steel Adjustable Bar Stool
Overstock.com
Vienna Full Spectrum Stacked Crystal Cubes Table Lamp
$99.99 | Lamps Plus
Pastel Emily 3 Piece Round Glass Pub Table Set
Beyond Stores
Lake Blue Transparent Glass Table Lamp
ParrotUncle
MILK | MILK Aquarium
YLiving.com