Has anyone used Sur La Table Cookware?

slaingMay 8, 2005

I am looking into buying new cookware. I am being told about getting Sur La Table 18/10 stainless steel cookware. Has anyone used this cookware? I have my mind to get All-Clad stainless steel cookware.

cheers

Stuart

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Melic

and the size and functionality are great - except that, as you can see from the picture in the link below, the center of the pan is raised - or, more precisely, there's a well of sorts around the perimeter on the bottom of the pan.

That's a nice feature for roasting, but I recently replaced my older electric-coil stove with a ceramic top model, and ceramic tops require that pans used on them have flat bottoms.

The reason I bought the little roasting pan (aside from its convenient size, still a plus) was for the tri-ply construction's superior functionality when deglazing the pan on top of the stove. Now that I have the ceramic top, I can't effectively use the pan to deglaze anymore, since the majority of the surface of the pan does not make contact with the surface/sensors of the cooktop.

Haven't tried the cookware. And, as people have pointed out countless times, if you want All-Clad, try cookwarenmore.com and go for the factory seconds. Most of my All-Clad comes from there (all of it since I discovered the site :) ) and the blemishes are so teeny and non-functional that I can certainly live with 1/3 to 1/2 off for a wee scratch on a handle. :)

Good luck.

Here is a link that might be useful: Sur La Table Cookware roasting pan

Bookmark   May 27, 2005 at 11:04AM
More Discussions
Mauviel m'150s and m'250c
I'm looking at some pans in these two lines -- I understand...
Gooster
New Viking Cookware
Has anyone tried the new Viking Cookware now being...
katespak
Best Non-Stick Cookware?
Saw a segment on this morning's news that says not...
jrb451
Pasta rolling pin aka mattarello
I'm planning on purchasing a mattarello or pasta rolling...
miscel
tea kettles
Hi - does anyone know of a whistling tea kettle that...
chilloway
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™