Can you help my friends clean their pan?

sunnycoMay 16, 2006

A couple I know did a nice thing by letting a family stay with them for a couple of months while the family looked for an apartment. They are wishing they had not done it. One of the things that happened was that the visitors used my friends good pans. The pans are All-Clad with brushed aluminum on them.(Masterchef line) The visitors apparently got oil on the outside of the pan, at high heat, and cooked it on there so there is a brown, tacky residue and my freind, who saved up for the pans and takes good care of them is at wits end trying to get it off. I suggested Citrasolv, but for some reason that will not work on the aluminum. It only worked on the steel parts.

Does anyone have any experience with this? Any sure-fire cleaning burnt oil off of aluminum tricks?

Thanks, Sunny

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
robinkateb

If oven cleaner is safe for aluminum it should clean off the oil.

-Robin

Bookmark   May 16, 2006 at 2:28PM
harper

I just used Dawn Power Dissolver on one of my aluminum Magnalite pans. Had to apply it twice and do a little scrubbing too, but it got the job done.

Harper

Bookmark   May 16, 2006 at 8:41PM
homepro01

I love Dawn Power Dissolver but I cannot find it locally anymore. Does anyone know what happened?

Thanks!
Homepro01

Bookmark   May 20, 2006 at 10:27AM
harper

Try Walmart.

Harper

Bookmark   May 20, 2006 at 7:53PM
budge1

The best thing i've found for getting burnt off oil off the inside of pots is to put enough water in to cover the stain then add a few tablesps of dishwasher detergent then let it simmer a few minutes. The stain almost always lifts away by itself, but occasionally i'll have to scrub it a bit as well.

For the outside of the pot, maybe they could set it in a larger pan and fill that with water and detergent and boil.

Bookmark   May 20, 2006 at 11:09PM
More Discussions
induction stove power boost function
Have a set of Zwilling cookware and their brochure...
metaphilos
stainless flatware
does anyone have reed and barton allora flatware? i...
JoPierson
Need a double boiler for induction cooktop
I need a 3 piece set: the bottom pan (induction ready),...
creativ3girl
White film/Oxidation on Wusthof Handles
I recently bought a set of Wusthof Classic Ikon knives...
rmverb
Help with a Farberware MicroBrew
I need some help figuring out how to use a Farberware...
ritaotay
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™