Induction cookware recommendation

trekkerMay 28, 2006

A big thank you to somebody -- I think it was on this forum, might have been on the kitchen forum -- who recommended Cook's Essentials 500 Stainless Steel nonstick cookware from QVC. Customer Service at QVC could not verify that the cookware works with induction, but the brochure confirms it and I confirm it. The cookware, especially the bottom, looks remarkably like a T-Fal pan I have. The cookware is reasonably priced (I paid about $188 for the 13-piece set, including delivery) and excellent quality. My only complaint is that the lid handles do get hot. However, the pans and lids can be used in the oven.

If you are planning to buy an induction unit, you should check out these pans.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
glennsfc

More and more cookware that works with induction is arriving in the marketplace. Your $188 set sounds like a great bargain.

Bookmark   June 7, 2006 at 9:19AM
trekker

Just a follow-up to my original message. The QVC set includes a 1 qt, 2 qt and 8 qt pot, but I also wanted a 4 qt size. After looking at a 4-qt All-Clad Stainless Steel for almost what I paid for the entire set of the QVC set, I stopped at TJ Maxx today with my trusty magnet in hand. There I found several 3 and 4 quart pots that are magnetic on the bottom and will therefore work with induction. Be sure to test every piece: I bought a 4 quart Wolfgang Puck pot that is magnetic on the bottom but the 3-quart model is not.

This was not the first time I had checked TJ Maxx for induction-compatible cookware, so be patient and keep that magnet handy. Ross and Marshalls may also be good places to look.

Bookmark   December 26, 2006 at 8:58PM
sunnyco

I always forget to take a magnet when I go to the discount dept stores, but I often can find a magnetic clip or something like in the kitchen gadget section. :)

Bookmark   December 27, 2006 at 11:29AM
More Discussions
Kitchen Selective food slicer
Would anyone know of source for parts for Kitchen Selective...
debby_1
pie crust in a Breville all in one food processor
Can a pie crust be made in a Breville all in one food...
Sue Molitor
which cookware to choose?
hi. i just joined the forum today. we're a newly wedded...
doduhdew
Kitchenaid Stand Mixer
I have read threads in here from people who love their...
catt11
Need a double boiler for induction cooktop
I need a 3 piece set: the bottom pan (induction ready),...
creativ3girl
Sponsored Products
Bakeware Organizer
$13.99 | zulily
Monte Carlo Ceiling Fans HomeBuilder II 52 in. White Ceiling Fan BF2-WH
Home Depot
Sutter Place White 42 Inch Ceiling Fan
$108.80 | Bellacor
Monte Carlo Ceiling Fans Bonneville Max 60 in. Brushed Steel Ceiling Fan
Home Depot
Pizza Stone Cleaning Brush
$9.99 | zulily