Le Creuset Enameled Steel Stockpots

chitownfifiApril 11, 2005

Has anyone used the LC enameled steel stockpots? If so, what is your experience with them? Is there a sandwich base? I looked on their website and didn't find it very descriptive, with regard to the materials used.

Any info would be appreciated!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Wetlands

I have one and am not at all impressed. I find my, rather generic, stainless stockpot with aluminum disc functions better and is much easier to clean. I assume it is inconsistent heat on the bottom, but I find things stick to the LC, even with relatively low heat. I believe I paid 80 dollars for a 12 quart Le Creuset and about 35 for my SS 16 quart. Love the Le Creuset cast iron, but I think you are paying for the name and look with this line.

Wetlands

Bookmark   April 12, 2005 at 6:18PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
arley_gw

I would agree with wetlands. I have some LC cast iron and it is great for braising; but why pay $$$ for something which has little advantage over something which costs a lot less??? All my stockpots are stainless, and I'm very happy with them. If you are really in to using a stock pot to make stock (what a concept!) and are willing to spend Le Creuset prices, check out Bourgeat. I got a stockpot with a spigot at My Chefs Favourites--highly recommended. If you want a SS stockpot to make stock, boil water for pasta, etc. check out the Tramontina items at Sam's.

One other thing: enamel eventually chips. Even Le Creuset.

Arley

Bookmark   April 17, 2005 at 10:34PM
More Discussions
silicone baking mat aftertaste
i got silicone baking mats on overstock.com a couple...
ardcp
Fermented cabbage
Many people really enjoy as me the taste of fermented...
GeorgeLiv
White film/Oxidation on Wusthof Handles
I recently bought a set of Wusthof Classic Ikon knives...
rmverb
Help with a Farberware MicroBrew
I need some help figuring out how to use a Farberware...
ritaotay
Any information on Evaco/Cast?
Just saw this in a kitchen store...latest non-stick...
rogerv_gw
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™