Le Creuset Enameled Steel Stockpots

chitownfifiApril 11, 2005

Has anyone used the LC enameled steel stockpots? If so, what is your experience with them? Is there a sandwich base? I looked on their website and didn't find it very descriptive, with regard to the materials used.

Any info would be appreciated!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Wetlands

I have one and am not at all impressed. I find my, rather generic, stainless stockpot with aluminum disc functions better and is much easier to clean. I assume it is inconsistent heat on the bottom, but I find things stick to the LC, even with relatively low heat. I believe I paid 80 dollars for a 12 quart Le Creuset and about 35 for my SS 16 quart. Love the Le Creuset cast iron, but I think you are paying for the name and look with this line.

Wetlands

Bookmark   April 12, 2005 at 6:18PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
arley_gw

I would agree with wetlands. I have some LC cast iron and it is great for braising; but why pay $$$ for something which has little advantage over something which costs a lot less??? All my stockpots are stainless, and I'm very happy with them. If you are really in to using a stock pot to make stock (what a concept!) and are willing to spend Le Creuset prices, check out Bourgeat. I got a stockpot with a spigot at My Chefs Favourites--highly recommended. If you want a SS stockpot to make stock, boil water for pasta, etc. check out the Tramontina items at Sam's.

One other thing: enamel eventually chips. Even Le Creuset.

Arley

Bookmark   April 17, 2005 at 10:34PM
More Discussions
tea kettles
Hi - does anyone know of a whistling tea kettle that...
chilloway
Pasta rolling pin aka mattarello
I'm planning on purchasing a mattarello or pasta rolling...
miscel
Is there lead in this antique brass pitcher?
Hello, I have a fondness for antique metal cookware...
bradleyd_svh
New Viking Cookware
Has anyone tried the new Viking Cookware now being...
katespak
Fermented cabbage
Many people really enjoy as me the taste of fermented...
GeorgeLiv
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™