Which copper pan?Mauviel, all-clad,calphalon...
I have a few calphalon tri-ply copper pans and I am quite satisfied with those. I am now considering buying a higher-end one such as Mauviel cuprinox or all-clad cop*r*chef, faulk culinair, ruffoni.
I want a copper exterior, stainless steel interior. It would be great to have aluminum between but not a must-have.
The price difference between a Calphalon tri-ply copper and a mauviel or all-clad-cop*r*chef is quite a bit. Thus I ask: is there sufficient quality/performance gain to justify the huge price difference?
I am willing to shell out $$$'s if the price is worth it, and therefore I would like to know:
1. Is there a positive difference made by sandwiched aluminum layer between copper and s.steel?
2. Is Mauviel worth the price over Calphalon? Once again, I own some Calphalon copper pots and I am quite satisfied with them, after owning some s.steel Farberwares.
3. Between All-clad copRChef and Mauviel, can someone share their experience/opinion ?
4. If someone has another suggestion that I am totally not aware of...
5. If someone has a suggestion on where to get them. Also is there a time of the year that they are on sale etc?
I would appreciate your feedback/experiences. BTW I cook a lot, so usage is not an issue.