Cuisinart Multi-Clad Pro

nmemerApril 6, 2007

My fiance and I are in the process of registering and I am trying to decide on cookware. The Cuisinart Multi-Clad was recommended on a post below and seems to be highly rated, at a much lower price than All-Clad or Calphalon Contemporary Stainlee. Opinions for or against? Any actual experiences with the cookware? Thanks very much.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kayskats

I checked out the stainless classic, rejected it because the aluminum only covers the bottom. I didn't even know about the Multi-Clad when I was deciding, but I just looked it up and it has the aluminum core which continues on up the sides. Looks good, too.
I love my Cuisinart food processor, electric grill/griddle/panini, jelly roll pans and pizza pan.

Bookmark   April 6, 2007 at 10:55PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
blondelle

The Multiclad Pro is gorgeous cookware. Cooks beautifully, and cleans up well. Cooks Illustrated said the saute speed was a bit fast, which means you have to watch what you're cooking more carefully, and it will gain, and lose heat faster than All-Clad for instance. It's not a major flaw. The main thing is that it's not induction capable. You might want an induction cooktop, or burner in the future and the cookware won't work with it.

Bookmark   April 7, 2007 at 2:31PM
More Discussions
Best Non-Stick Cookware?
Saw a segment on this morning's news that says not...
jrb451
Any information on Evaco/Cast?
Just saw this in a kitchen store...latest non-stick...
rogerv_gw
Wagners 1891 Dutch Oven
I have a couple of questions about a 5 qt Wagners 1891...
jpc57
best (semi-pro) brand pots and pans for induction
hello we are renovating our kitchen and now it will...
robantwerp
Nu Wave Oven
Has anyone bought this? Is it worth the cost? It is...
marie26
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™